Testing, testing 1234......

Started by Techno II, 09 November 2021, 08:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

Only comment I'd like to make on the new forum is that I wish there was more differentiation between the New Post main sub-forum and New Post sub-sub-forum, my tired old eyes are struggling to tell the difference at a casual glance....

tired old eyes.jpg

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

PS Forum is struggling to preview this post.

Leon

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 15 November 2021, 03:20:55 AMNot sure what has been done with the font but overall the forum seems much better and easier to read (by me).  Personally, I still find the blue too strident on the eye.

Thanks for the feedback, we're going to tone the blue down as it's a bit more 'HELLO!' than I expected it to be when I chose the colour. 

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 15 November 2021, 09:53:58 PMOnly comment I'd like to make on the new forum is that I wish there was more differentiation between the New Post main sub-forum and New Post sub-sub-forum, my tired old eyes are struggling to tell the difference at a casual glance....

Is it the little blank circles that are the problem?  I can see if there's some kind of logos we can put in there instead?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno II

QuoteNot sure what has been done with the font but overall the forum seems much better and easier to read (by me).  Personally, I still find the blue too strident on the eye.

I'm finding it a tiny bit difficult to read posted messages...For me the perfect font would be a little 'bolder'.

The font in the 'Quick Reply' is much clearer, (for me).....Or is it because it's black on white, rather than black(ish) on pale blue/gray ?

Cheers - Phil. :)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Leon on 15 November 2021, 11:26:55 PMIs it the little blank circles that are the problem?  I can see if there's some kind of logos we can put in there instead?

Hello Leon

Yes the blank circles, at a casual glance, look very similar and I find it hard to tell the difference. From memory the old forum used a similar system but there was a distinct difference between the forum and sub-forum posts. We seem to be very grey oriented at the moment  :) . Is there some setting on the graphic for new posts that you can tweak rather than go to the trouble of adding logos.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leon

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 16 November 2021, 08:55:33 PMYes the blank circles, at a casual glance, look very similar and I find it hard to tell the difference. From memory the old forum used a similar system but there was a distinct difference between the forum and sub-forum posts. We seem to be very grey oriented at the moment  :) . Is there some setting on the graphic for new posts that you can tweak rather than go to the trouble of adding logos.

I'll ask the webguy and see what options we've got there.  I think you're right on the previous version, the boards/sub-boards used to show in bold (?) if there were new posts in there, which made them a bit easier to see.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno II

Just as a matter of interest...Has anyone else had problems with their password ?

I'll swear I've typed the right one in...but 3 or 4 times it's asked me to reset my password.

If it was just the once, I'd have imagined I'd had fat finger syndrome....But..... :-\
(I've been ultra careful since the first 'problem'.) ;)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Phil, if you dont log out after each session just use the home button dont try and log in as it wont work just generate an error message. Threw me a couple of times but it seems that it will keep you logged in but not show it.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

fred.

I've never logged out of the forum. 

Phil do you have an Alt account you use?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno II

No, Forbes. :)

But I was thinking of asking Leon if I could have another so I could see things as a non moderator.

Might be useful on some occasions. :-\

Cheers - Phil.  :)

fred.

You hardly need to ask - just set up a new account!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno II

I'll wait until Leon's had a chance to clear all the spambots, Forbes  ;) .....and mended the roof. X_X

Leon

That's fine and doesn't cause any problems, you'll just need a separate email address to use for it.

Techno II

I'll use my hotmail addy.  :)...About time it got an airing. ;D 

Or would you like me to wait until the 'filter's' in place to test that out, Leon ?