Testing, testing 1234......

Started by Techno II, 09 November 2021, 08:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

QuoteGood......I won't try and put my avatar back. ;D  ;D  ;D

I lied...I've done it. ;)

Cheers - Phil. :)

hammurabi70

Am I the only one to find the colour rather a harsh, strident, plastic blue that is awkward for the eye to cope with?  I would have preferred something which was a bit paler. 

What is the font? It seems to be a different one from the previous one and is more difficult for me to read.

Leon

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 10 November 2021, 05:48:23 PMAm I the only one to find the colour rather a harsh, strident, plastic blue that is awkward for the eye to cope with?  I would have preferred something which was a bit paler. 

What is the font? It seems to be a different one from the previous one and is more difficult for me to read.

I've got a softer blue on my list here and we're going to look at the font sizes as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

I am finding the font to be ok size wise, but it seems feint on the grey background. The blue does not bother me.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

steve_holmes_11

Another test (Now I've got my profile and preferences sorted).

Orcs

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fred.

QuoteI am finding the font to be ok size wise, but it seems feint on the grey background. The blue does not bother me.
The grey text font could do to a be a bit darker

The dark blue at the top and bottom footers, is oddly vivid for a dark blue

QuoteJust testing the time

I think you can set this in preferences its 07:52 when I'm posting this, and I had set my preferences to UK time last night
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

QuoteI think you can set this in preferences its 07:52 when I'm posting this, and I had set my preferences to UK time last night

But this doesn't seem to have done anything as the forum shows 06:52 - but strangely shows the time of the quote as 07:52. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Orcs

I thought I had set my time, but trying again its 08:59

Orcs

Techno II

Techno II

Yep....Still an hour out...plus a few minutes. =)

Cheers - Phil. :)

fsn

Have you set your local time to British?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Given the nature of the forum, maybe we need to set it to Troll Station Time :)

Antarctica has it's own time zone - TIL

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a Thread Derailment Time :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data