Started by Steve J, 07 November 2021, 01:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Loved it ! :-bd

(Though those red dice are complete rubbish !......All 2's and 1's...apart from one 4 and one 5  ;))

I'd just use the blue dice from now on.....Or have I missed something. ;)

Cheers - Phil. :D

Steve J

Thanks chaps!

@ Phil, they different colours indicate different outcomes for hits, with the blue die purely indicators of an action, so the actual number shown doesn't matter.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Thanks Paul. Yep a lot of armour, that I was expecting to be assigned out to the Falange as well as the CTV units. But as this campaign was inspired by the Guadalajara one, where they did use lots of tanks, it seemed OK. When you see them en masse then I  think I may have given the Nationalists a few too many...

pierre the shy

Great report and really nice looking game  :-bd

And a well conducted withdrawal, never easy to do on a gaming table.

The big Soviet Pe-8(?) bomber looked impressive, though I imagine the armourers will be reminded to actually fuse the bombs before loading them next time?

Not sure if Pz I's and L3's actually count even as 'armour' Paul? Those 45mm AT gunners were no doubt eagerly hoping that the Nationalist 'armour' would advance beyond the village  ;) 
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Steve J

Thanks Pierre the Shy! I can't remember what the Soviet bomber is, but again it is another 1/144th diecast model and is damned big. The 45mm ATG's were indeed waiting for targets but the Panzers didn't move far enough forward to be come targets, equally the attack didn't get close enough to the village to allow the ATG's to move up in support.