Anybody tried Undaunted Normandy (Osprey Boardgame)

Started by steve_holmes_11, 15 October 2021, 10:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

See title: Has anybody tried Undaunted Normandy an Osprey Boardgame.

I'm contemplating setting up a couple of games with Westmarcher for our next get-together.
But wouldn't wish to inflict it on him if it's a bit of a dud.

I found the rules a bit of a hard read (A theme developing with me and rules), but found a helpful video on YouTube and some downloadable help sheets.
They made everything clear.

pierre the shy

Not played these but both the Normandy and LRDG in North Africa versions seem to have been very well received and get very good online reveiw scores on boardgamegeek etc.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

hammurabi70

Quote from: pierre the shy on 15 October 2021, 09:10:07 PM
Not played these but both the Normandy and LRDG in North Africa versions seem to have been very well received and get very good online reveiw scores on boardgamegeek etc.

Played the North Africa game a couple of weeks ago.  Essentially a skirmish level of game, which is very clever and atmospheric but not one that appeals to me.  Indeed, more details on Board Game Geek.

Ithoriel

Never played it but it reminds me of Devil Pig's "Heroes of Normandie" in scope and their "Heroes of Normandie Tactical Card Game" spin off in looks.

I saw a copy of the Normandy version for twenty quid somewhere and wondered about getting it.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Shedman