Battleground 2021 Pics!

Started by Leon, 25 November 2021, 11:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

All of the pictures from this year's event can be found here: https://bit.ly/Battleground21

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

jambo1

Lots of great looking games there, plenty to pore over!! :)

Techno II

QuoteThanks for posting, Leon  :-bd 

Ditto !

Cheers - Phil. :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fred.

Good stuff! The 10mm fantasy game looks pretty epic - was it played using Warband?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

Thanks for posting and some great games on show there 8) .

steve_holmes_11

Some fine games on display there: Special credit for the Congreve Pipecleaners - inspired work.

I recently commented on Little Wars TV, saying that the terrain becomes the star of the show with smaller scales and more modern "empty battlefields".

I feel the same about demonstration or display games at shows.

Some clubs make a big feature about "Painting 3,000 figures in 6 months", but it's usually the terrain that makes of breaks the display. Neglect it at your peril.

Hat tip to Baccus6mm, who used to tour the shows with their compressed Gettysburg, or little Leipzig, and blogged about the creation of their terrain in advance.

fred.

QuoteSome fine games on display there: Special credit for the Congreve Pipecleaners - inspired work.

I recently commented on Little Wars TV, saying that the terrain becomes the star of the show with smaller scales and more modern "empty battlefields".

I feel the same about demonstration or display games at shows.

Good point - and i think this very much applies to photos of games vs playing them. With photos its the overall look that catches the eye, and terrain makes a big part of this. But when you are playing I certainly get involved in the game, and its the units that become my focus. And if you are there, you get to change you view point and focus to look at elements at a time. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 26 November 2021, 08:03:42 AMGood stuff! The 10mm fantasy game looks pretty epic - was it played using Warband?

It was more of a static display really, I don't think they were playing it out much.  The guy who put it together (and his wife of course) sadly lost their newborn baby a couple of years ago, so all of the figures were painted by people around the world and sent over here to be displayed and then sold off for charity.  I think they're going to be auctioned off so I'll let folks know as soon as they're available.

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 26 November 2021, 11:51:54 AMI recently commented on Little Wars TV, saying that the terrain becomes the star of the show with smaller scales and more modern "empty battlefields".

Me too, I prefer the display games that are 'busy' for want of a better word, with a lot of terrain, debris, scatter, on the table.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!