Panic buying of petrol

Started by Steve J, 25 September 2021, 07:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingpig0

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 13 October 2021, 01:16:17 PM
Thanks for that,, Gwydion.
Back to petrol...
No shortage in NE UK. But have noticed more cars  driving on electric.
In two minds about electric.... less traffic noise... good... but you can't hear the things coming... bad.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313291564085?hash=item48f1a1e435:g:TwgAAOSwoA1bZF9Z

Ithoriel

Quote from: Techno II on 13 October 2021, 07:44:44 AM
No problems, Mike !  :D
But has it got the curried 'rice crispies' ?

Cheers - Phil. :)

Not as many  as I'd have liked :(

Still, that's an excuse to try some of the others :)
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Heedless Horseman


Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Of course Vikings had horned helmets, and arrived rowing along to Led Zeplin - "the Immigrant Song" of course.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

flamingpig0

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 13 October 2021, 03:44:12 PM
Of course Vikings had horned helmets, and arrived rowing along to Led Zeplin - "the Immigrant Song" of course.

Surely "Priti" Patel 
could turn them back

Ithoriel

14 October 2021, 01:08:53 AM #260 Last Edit: 14 October 2021, 01:12:21 AM by Ithoriel
Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 13 October 2021, 03:44:12 PM
Of course Vikings had horned helmets, and arrived rowing along to Led Zeplin - "the Immigrant Song" of course.

Led Zeppelin? Hah! More like something by Yggdrasil, Wardruna or Danheim.

"My mother told me someday I will buy, galley with good oars, sail to distant shores, stand upon the prow, noble bark I steer, steady course to the haven, hew many many foe men, hew many foe men!"

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Heedless Horseman

Good tunes. If stuck in a petrol queue... could play LOUD?  ;)

flamingpig0

Things are getting really serious; Indian restaurants are running out of rice.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Plenty in Grimsby the other weekend !  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Heedless Horseman

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 18 October 2021, 04:26:54 AM
Things are getting really serious; Indian restaurants are running out of rice.

LOL. Visions of 'Airdrops' or 'Escorted Convoys'!  ;D Don't Panic! RAF / Army will get to you. If they have fuel... ;)

toxicpixie

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 18 October 2021, 10:36:40 AM
LOL. Visions of 'Airdrops' or 'Escorted Convoys'!  ;D Don't Panic! RAF / Army will get to you. If they have fuel... ;)

And can spare the time from everything else we're having to press them into service for :D

Could have done without the massive cuts to manpower and capacity, really.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Heedless Horseman

"Get the Army in"! lol. Non 'Combat' ... PLodge through floods and fill sandbags. Drive trucks. Man 'Green Godesses'... unless scrapped by now. 'Shift' stuff. Get exposed to infections...or get blown up / stabbed by some F'ing civvie. GOOD LADS. Take Pride!

flamingpig0

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 20 October 2021, 03:42:32 PM
. Get exposed to infections...or get blown up / stabbed by some F'ing civvie. GOOD LADS. Take Pride!

So just like a normal night out.


Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 20 October 2021, 03:42:32 PM
"Get the Army in"! lol. Non 'Combat' ... PLodge through floods and fill sandbags. Drive trucks. Man 'Green Godesses'... unless scrapped by now. 'Shift' stuff. Get exposed to infections...or get blown up / stabbed by some F'ing civvie. GOOD LADS. Take Pride!

As my old troop Sergeant used to say "If you can't take a joke..."
Arma Pacis Fulcra