Panic buying of petrol

Started by Steve J, 25 September 2021, 07:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: toxicpixie on 10 October 2021, 06:09:27 PM
Oh dang! The ethnic foods isle in ours usually has a chewda/chevda style curried puffed rice thing...

Morrisons (being fairly PC) doesn't have ethnic foods, but world foods - packed with rice, noodles, and spices.

It make me wonder where they source their potatoes.

Ithoriel

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 10 October 2021, 10:18:25 PM
It make me wonder where they source their potatoes.

Well the ones in my fridge are from Norfolk and grown by someone called Chris Harrold. I know because I read the packaging while I waited for the "popty ping" to do it's work. I think Norfolk still counts as part of the world though. So, a world food, no?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Heedless Horseman

GOT to be better than the 'puffed starch' items that turn to 'glue' in your mouth... so popular... can't fathom it.  :(
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

toxicpixie

The public wants what the public gets.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno II

I still haven't got my Curried Twiglets. :'( :'( :'(

Cheers - Phil. :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Been in Grimsby over trhe weekend, no problem with getting fuel at either end, just trying to get the pumps to work.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Quote from: Techno II on 11 October 2021, 09:15:33 AM
I still haven't got my Curried Twiglets. :'( :'( :'(

Still on the healthy diet there Phil !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Ithoriel on 11 October 2021, 02:47:25 AM
Well the ones in my fridge are from Norfolk and grown by someone called Chris Harrold. I know because I read the packaging while I waited for the "popty ping" to do it's work. I think Norfolk still counts as part of the world though. So, a world food, no?

I'm delighted that one reader has understood one of my late night posts.

It amuses me that "World Food" has come to mean stuff from other continents (Does vegemite count?)
Much like "European languages" usually excludes English.

Ithoriel

I've just had a really bizarre chat with a cold caller, who, having failed to get me to buy an (undoubtedly fake) conservatory,  informed me that his family were having chicken at Christmas because they didn't vote for Brexit so they could eat EU food.

I pointed out that turkeys were originally American.

He told me I was being conned by online fraudsters (irony much?) and turkey's came from Turkey. "The clue's in the name, innit?"

So, would I be having EU turkey or good British chicken at Christmas.

His response to my saying neither, as I was vegetarian, makes me think that he'd have been less shocked and revolted if I'd announced I was a Satan worshiping cannibal who drowned kittens for fun at the weekend.

I suppose "long pig" would go in the world food section :D :D :D

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno II

;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 11 October 2021, 09:17:33 AM
Still on the healthy diet there Phil !

I think I get more than half of my daily intake of calories from eating rubbish food, Ian. ;)

Raider4

Quote from: Ithoriel on 11 October 2021, 01:29:01 PM
He told me I was being conned by online fraudsters (irony much?) and turkey's came from Turkey. "The clue's in the name, innit?"

Err, whut???

FierceKitty

The one that annoys me is "ethnic" food. Invariably a PC stalking horse for covert racism.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

mmcv

I slightly accidentally ended up with about 8kg of different potato varieties. I see many spud dishes in my future...  :-X

Techno II

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 11 October 2021, 05:58:58 AM
GOT to be better than the 'puffed starch' items that turn to 'glue' in your mouth... so popular... can't fathom it.  :(

A good few weeks ago, I tried a new(ish) variety of 'snacks'' called 'Bugles', IIRC......Those were absolutely dire....Flavoured, crunchy cardboard would have been more toothsome.

Won't be buying those again !!  ;D ;D ;D