Panic buying of petrol

Started by Steve J, 25 September 2021, 07:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: Techno II on 07 October 2021, 06:34:17 AM
We don't bother with Christmas turkey either.

With just the two of us, it would be rather excessive. ;D

Cheers - Phil. :)

Don't you eat one of your Chickens?   :)

Technos Chicken No1 to Chicken No2=  "See we have a new intake of rescued from the battery farm"

Techno's chicken No2- "Rescued you say?  I heard the humans talking yesterday. They said that that black one over there was nice and plump and would do for Christmas"  :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno II

I'd never eat any of our chickens......They're so old when they pop their clogs. :-&
I've seen the 'extras' that they'll eat, as well. X_X

When they die, they get fed to the raptors and mammalian wildlife.

(And we HAVE just taken on another batch of 'rescue' chickens...I'm sick of scrambled/poached eggs already. :P)

toxicpixie

That's the first "question" people always ask when they find out we keep chickens, and no, you really don't eat layers at the best of times and definitely not when they've popped their clogs due to natural causes or age!

We could do with refilling the coop, now. Except we're one chook-space short still, and it'd likely be a massacre introducing just two...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

As a veggie, I don't eat chickens at any time of the year. Christmas dinner is likely to be Nut Roast en Croute (a sort of veggie Beef Wellingtion)or a Creamed Mushroom Lattice Pie either of which will be served with a brussel sprout, chesnut and shallot mix among other sides.

Of course, if the family are unable to attend the annual bun fight the above will be replaced with assorted party food, because who can be bothered cooking anything fancy just for one.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

pierre the shy

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Orcs

Quote from: Techno II on 07 October 2021, 10:22:03 AM
I'd never eat any of our chickens......They're so old when they pop their clogs. :-&
I've seen the 'extras' that they'll eat, as well. X_X

When they die, they get fed to the raptors and mammalian wildlife.

(And we HAVE just taken on another batch of 'rescue' chickens...I'm sick of scrambled/poached eggs already. :P)

Cant you suplement the Labs diet with an egg or two  now and then and save a bit on dog food?

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno II

07 October 2021, 12:15:41 PM #171 Last Edit: 07 October 2021, 01:51:42 PM by Techno II
NO !!!!  (Gimme strength !)

Unless I want to die from the lack of oxygen, from hydrogen sulphide 'windy pops'.

toxicpixie

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 October 2021, 11:04:09 AM
As a veggie, I don't eat chickens at any time of the year. Christmas dinner is likely to be Nut Roast en Croute (a sort of veggie Beef Wellingtion)or a Creamed Mushroom Lattice Pie either of which will be served with a brussel sprout, chesnut and shallot mix among other sides.

Of course, if the family are unable to attend the annual bun fight the above will be replaced with assorted party food, because who can be bothered cooking anything fancy just for one.

We'll likely go fully veggie this year, we don't eat a lot of meat and tbh we've enough vegetarians and otherwise picky eaters that it's easie rjust to go "nope" and done on dish they can all have. Moaning that it's turkey and not traditional can stuff it, as it's such a waste otherwise.

Phil, I feel your lack of oxygen; feeding the Grund left overs is an exercise in sinus related horror :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

I hope Lee never sneaks a look at this page and sees the veggie stuff; she'll ban wargames if she suspects they undermine carnivorousness!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 07 October 2021, 02:07:04 PM
I hope Lee never sneaks a look at this page and sees the veggie stuff; she'll ban wargames if she suspects they undermine carnivorousness!

Your South African, and I thought they regarded Chicken as a vegetable!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: FierceKitty on 07 October 2021, 02:07:04 PM

If it's green it's rotten, vegitables are green - QED.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Orcs on 07 October 2021, 04:23:25 PM
Your South African, and I thought they regarded Chicken as a vegetable!

Lee's my Thai, and makes the shark in Jaws look like a vegan.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

DHautpol

Quote from: toxicpixie on 30 September 2021, 05:43:53 PM
Fabric ones usually last well, but the plastic "bags for life" are somewhere between bulletproof and fall apart if you sneeze wrongly depending on which chain does them, I find!

Late entry with this one.  I find the Waitrose ones to be quite tough.  I used to keep my rugby boots in one, but did get funny looks from the cashier when I handed over the old mud-caked bag for a clean one every couple of months.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Heedless Horseman

Apparently, there is a 'STRATEGY'  to reduce meat consumption...  :o
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-58831636

Any 'conspiracy theory' minded peeps could have boundless fun!  ;)  :)
'Soylent Green' was a good movie!  ;D :(
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)