Panic buying of petrol

Started by Steve J, 25 September 2021, 07:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrishanley

I got my bag-for-life many years ago now and remarkably I am still married to her

toxicpixie

Tesco fine on petrol, garage slightly up the road completely out.

No rhyme or reason...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

Quote from: chrishanley on 03 October 2021, 11:30:19 PM
I got my bag-for-life many years ago now and remarkably I am still married to her

Possibly not for much longer if she reads that :D :D :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Mrs Orcs suggested that rather than having a limit on the amount of fuel you can buy when its in short supply, perhaps they should make a minimum price say £30 to stop all the ar**holes constantly topping up their tank with £5 or £10 of petrol
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: Orcs on 04 October 2021, 08:44:52 AM
Mrs Orcs suggested that rather than having a limit on the amount of fuel you can buy when its in short supply, perhaps they should make a minimum price say £30 to stop all the ar**holes constantly topping up their tank with £5 or £10 of petrol

You'll be a bit stuffed if you have a moped...
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Orcs

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 04 October 2021, 06:32:43 PM
You'll be a bit stuffed if you have a moped...

Bonus, keep the mopeds off the road. :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

Now there's a man who couldn't give a stuff about the planet. As humanity sinks into oblivion some Union flag waving looney will be blaming it on Covid, Joe Biden or Megan Markle.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

hammurabi70

The forecourt was busy but I was able to get a full tank today without difficulty.  It would seem the London crisis is already over so now the whole country can slumber again in peace.  Is the next panic turkeys?  We never have them so not an issue for this household.

Techno II

We don't bother with Christmas turkey either.

With just the two of us, it would be rather excessive. ;D

Cheers - Phil. :)

Techno II

I just thought......There always seems to be panic buying of Brussels sprouts, around Christmas. :D
There was another 'item' that I thought had a chance of being in short supply soon...or more likely would go rocketing up in price....So Von got us a 'spare' last week.

We've now heard from a retailer that they ARE getting difficult to get..especially from one manufacturer.

Don't think it'll be something that many of you (If ANY at all) will use.

Cheers - Phil. :)

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Steve J

Well my wife loves Brussels sprout and even eats them raw!

At least the panic buying appears to be over here in Bristol...

mmcv

I'm hoping the turkey shortage gives us a good excuse to do something else for Christmas this year. We're offering our house up for the family Christmas dinner this year and I'm hoping to do something more interesting than bland turkey. I'm sure turkey was a lovely meat back in the day, but now they've just been bred into oversized factory chickens that taste of little and exist mainly as gravy receptacles and because there's never enough ham made.

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat....

Can't argue that I'm not being traditional, I'm just being EXTRA traditional  :d

FierceKitty

Quote from: Steve J on 07 October 2021, 08:06:33 AM
Well my wife loves Brussels sprouts and even eats them raw!

It's always a hard choice, but perhaps it's time to consider involuntary commitment, or possibly euthanasia.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.