Panic buying of petrol

Started by Steve J, 25 September 2021, 07:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecemDave

Quote from: Raider4 on 02 October 2021, 09:01:39 AM
"You could have stopped and told us you weren't a petrol tanker" ???
Words fail me.

yes shows an appalling ignorance of the hazard signs that flammable liquid tankers have to display.

As to following it at all, that sadly is what some of us have been reduced to.  Locally last week 6 nearest Pstations all out of fuel and it runs out again within hours of a delivery.  "Spot the tanker" is  how I got a full petrol tank yesterday having smugly stayed out of the chaos for a week until I really needed some.   There are some very active local "spot the delivery" groups on FB.  Which arguably make the problem worse but are necessary for those genuinely in need and there are many "I'm desparate" anecdotes especially for diesel.  As usual, London and the levelled up North will get more attention than us deprived SE coastal towns.   Moan,  Whine, Grumble.   :-&

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Just did a shop at ASDA in Woodchurch. They have a separte queue for exit for petrol and general, but there was no queue only 4 vehicles at the facility. Passed Sainsbury's in Prenton, also no obvious queue. The chaos seems to be in S. East. Nuf said.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

I'm thinking (chums)......that we should knock this thread on the head.

I'm getting to the point where I just don't want to hear anymore.

'The Media' are just winding this up. :'(
I've reached the stage where I look at the BBC's news site...and see REALLY interesting (not) stories about a crocodile taking down a cheap drone.....and some complete and total twerp, in Lithunia having three tons (of screws, washers, whatever......I know I'm exaggerating  :P)...in his stomach.

Auntie (The BBC.....Which I used to admire) has dropped it's standards down so low, that I really resent paying my licence fee.

So called 'Social media '.....has too much to answer for.

Orcs

I agree, we should pour this thread down the drain, It only Fuels moaning.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

See what you did there Orcs. Very amusing. Perhaps people should convert to used chip fat until there is a proper network of electric charge points.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

Quote from: Leman on 02 October 2021, 03:13:49 PM
See what you did there Orcs. Very amusing. Perhaps people should convert to used chip fat until there is a proper network of electric charge points.

Mate of mine ran his motor off chip fat from the local fry ups & chippies for many years. Stopped when they regulated it as it became harder work than just buying a new motor and putting petrol in it :D

Eased the hunger cravings no end ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Heedless Horseman

Chips just ain't been the same since no newspaper wrapping! MOAN!  ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Ithoriel

Quote from: Techno II on 02 October 2021, 02:18:52 PM

So called 'Social media '.....has too much to answer for.

I'd agree with you .... but I'm too busy watching Twitch streams and TikTok! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno II

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 02 October 2021, 03:28:42 PM
Chips just ain't been the same since no newspaper wrapping! MOAN!  ;D

Our local chippie does nice chips...They come in a paper bag, rather than a polystyrene tray....They're much nicer than the chips from the kebab shop, which DO come in a polystyrene tray.....Even those aren't too bad, though !

(That's made me hungry.)

Cheers - Phil. :)

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Only fish and chips once a week, Ian  :).....and haven't had a kebab for a year or more.
(Even the small kebabs are too much for me...NEVER managed to eat a whole one....they are nice though.)

I'll just stick to my healthy diet of oven ready meals, crisps, twiglets, 'sizzlin'' pringles and onion rings.....Ooooh !! ....... and marmite flavoured cashew nuts....Those ARE YUMMY !!

Cheers - Phil. :)

Heedless Horseman

Once bought some chips from an otherwise decent shop... and they had MELTED the damn Poly tray!
Other time... a female was looking forward to her chips from 'an Indians'... she took one look... and BIN!

NEVER taken to Kebabs... last went out Taxi window... (Uneaten!)).

My main diet, now, seems to be 'Rustlers' burgers... various types. Not bad... they seem to have improved! And Microwave Chips.. which are ok.. but leave in for a bit longer than stated.
Otherwise occasional  microwave Curries or Pasta.

FOOD!!! Now 3 years + since last 'real' Sunday Dinner, Full Fry up or Xmas Dinner, Steak and  Mushrooms with Brandy sauce,  Southern Fried Chicken, Skate or Lemon Sole, Tatties 'n Herrin'. Home made Lasagne, 'real' Bacon sandwich or sausage, real 'Mash' with whatever, Mash Turnip, really good broth,. Proper Apple/apple and Blackberry/ Blaeberry/Gooseberry/ Rhubarb/Custard tarts, whips/Custards/Trifles.... all gone,now.

ENJOY WHAT 'SOMEONE' MAKES FOR YOU... while it is there! :( :)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Leman

Now getting crunchy chips with a serving of mayo. I now know why the sub commander in Dad's Army complained of soggy British chips.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Leman on 03 October 2021, 11:22:15 AM
Now getting crunchy chips with a serving of mayo. I now know why the sub commander in Dad's Army complained of soggy British chips.

Maybe he was based out of Ijmuiden before his boat sprung a leak.

Ithoriel

After a diet of healthy, homemade, vegetarian dishes yesterday, today's diet has cosisted mainly of coffee and Toblerone!

Decent sized chunk of homemade Crecy Plate Pie later to compensate.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data