10mm Afghan/African buildings!

Started by Leon, 30 August 2021, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 31 August 2021, 06:57:02 AM
Any chance of 6 and 15mm ?

I think Red Vectors have something similar in 15mm already.

I've been struggling for Indian Buildings, and think the 2 larger African/Afghan buildings will do the trick nicely.

Leon

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 31 August 2021, 06:57:02 AM
Any chance of 6 and 15mm ?

As mentioned above, 6mm is tricky as the thickness of the MDF starts to affect the design of the building.  The 15mm ones are already on the site here: https://www.pendraken.co.uk/afghanafrican-955-c.asp

Quote from: Raider4 on 31 August 2021, 07:46:13 AM
Interesting . . .

How tall are the single-storey buildings (bottom two, 1st picture)? And the height of the doorways, please?

The doors are around 12mm height so a 10mm figure on a base would need to duck his head slightly...!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Point about MDF thickness in 6 is taken...
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

Good luck with these, I really mean it.

But . . .

Honestly, these are just about the easiest things you can make yourself. Here's mine, after a couple of leisurely evenings work. Made out of cereal packet cardboard, and following Matakishi's ideas.

toxicpixie

Easy to say but you should see the horror that is my crafting :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Raider4

Quote from: toxicpixie on 08 September 2021, 09:16:05 AM
Easy to say but you should see the horror that is my crafting :D

LOL. That's why I cut on a 4mm grid. All the angles are at 90°, and measuring is so simple.

And obviously, the excellent larger buildings will involve a lot more work.

toxicpixie

My cutting mat is buried under my laptop, and my time for proper prep is nonexistant so it's bodge and go :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting