Warfare, Ascot - Sat/Sun 27th/28th Nov

Started by Leon, 06 September 2021, 03:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

06 September 2021, 03:57:07 PM Last Edit: 06 September 2021, 04:47:50 PM by Leon
The Warfare show is returning for 2021 and it's got a shiny new venue!  Gone are the rather yellowy halls of the Rivermead and in comes the shiny newness of Ascot Racecourse!  This move should be fantastic news for the show, giving it much more space to spread out and grow in future years.

You can place your pre-orders through our website by selecting the 'Collect at Show' delivery option and then entering the event you would like to collect from in the comments box on the following page.  Payment can be made in advance by card/PayPal or you can choose to pay on the day.  Please make sure to place your pre-orders at least 7 days in advance of the event as we've got a lot of shows in November and stocks will be running low.

More info on Warfare can be found here: https://wargamesreading.co.uk/home/warfare-2021/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Is it 7th/8th or 7th to 28th or 27th/28th ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 06 September 2021, 04:44:33 PM
Is it 7th/8th or 7th to 28th or 27th/28th ?

7th/8th would be a Sun/Mon so probably not!  All fixed now, it's the 27th/28th Nov.

hammurabi70

Quote from: Leon on 06 September 2021, 04:48:21 PM
7th/8th would be a Sun/Mon so probably not!  All fixed now, it's the 27th/28th Nov.

And order early; will get my order for collection in.

sean66

They're having a 7 hour Rug by match on Saturday, And a 6 hour one on Sunday (AKA a Bring and Buy)  :o
I predict a Riot   :-
two years of no shows and lots of extra painting.
regards
Sean

Steve J

I wonder whether we will need Covid passports for events such as this?

Leman

I really hope this does well in its new location. It was my favourite show of the year and made for a great weekend away with the lads. Now I am in the Netherlands I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a return of Crisis in Antwerp.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

sean66

Quote from: Leman on 07 September 2021, 10:38:08 AM
I really hope this does well in its new location. It was my favourite show of the year and made for a great weekend away with the lads. Now I am in the Netherlands I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a return of Crisis in Antwerp.

i must admit to waiting to see about Crisis, May have to put off my move to Bulgaria till after it. not sure ill want to drive the extra 1,000 miles so soon.
Regards
Sean

Leon

Quote from: Leman on 07 September 2021, 10:38:08 AM
...I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a return of Crisis in Antwerp.

I can't see Crisis returning in anywhere near its previous form sadly, as it's incredibly difficult for the UK traders to there due to the paperwork required.  We spoke to the government's EU/Brexit team earlier this year and the new paperwork includes custom declarations for all stock outward and inward, declarations for all stand and display equipment as 'non sale items' on outward and inward, VAT payments due to Belgium for the sales at the event (regardless of VAT status in the UK and the payment may be due before leaving the country), European driving permits and extra van insurance for the continent.  And then the added potential of having to empty your entire van at the side of the road for a custom spot-check.  I can't see it being viable for any UK business at all, expect for maybe Warlord if they've registered a European company base now. 

Jemima Fawr

I'll be putting on a 10mm ACW demo-game at Warfare (all Pendraken)  8)

It's entitled 'No Better Place To Die': The Battle of Murfreesboro or Stones River, 31st December 1862.

Orcs

I am afraid I will not be going to Warfare this year, I have booked myself on a weekend course.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

O Dinas Powys

Blimey, time has flown; luckily my wife reminded me it's next weekend!

Should be there Sunday  :-SS
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!