10mm Afghan/African buildings!

Started by Leon, 30 August 2021, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 31 August 2021, 06:57:02 AM
Any chance of 6 and 15mm ?

I think Red Vectors have something similar in 15mm already.

I've been struggling for Indian Buildings, and think the 2 larger African/Afghan buildings will do the trick nicely.

Leon

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 31 August 2021, 06:57:02 AM
Any chance of 6 and 15mm ?

As mentioned above, 6mm is tricky as the thickness of the MDF starts to affect the design of the building.  The 15mm ones are already on the site here: https://www.pendraken.co.uk/afghanafrican-955-c.asp

Quote from: Raider4 on 31 August 2021, 07:46:13 AM
Interesting . . .

How tall are the single-storey buildings (bottom two, 1st picture)? And the height of the doorways, please?

The doors are around 12mm height so a 10mm figure on a base would need to duck his head slightly...!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Point about MDF thickness in 6 is taken...
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

Good luck with these, I really mean it.

But . . .

Honestly, these are just about the easiest things you can make yourself. Here's mine, after a couple of leisurely evenings work. Made out of cereal packet cardboard, and following Matakishi's ideas.
ISO 3103 Certified

toxicpixie

Easy to say but you should see the horror that is my crafting :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Raider4

Quote from: toxicpixie on 08 September 2021, 09:16:05 AM
Easy to say but you should see the horror that is my crafting :D

LOL. That's why I cut on a 4mm grid. All the angles are at 90°, and measuring is so simple.

And obviously, the excellent larger buildings will involve a lot more work.
ISO 3103 Certified

toxicpixie

My cutting mat is buried under my laptop, and my time for proper prep is nonexistant so it's bodge and go :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting