Projects for 2022

Started by paulr, 29 August 2021, 08:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Just got back from Penkridge  - didna get what I was after but did get 500 10mm Horse, 6 WWII vehicles, some 15mm Italians and 4 sets of rules. Should keep me busy for a little while. Mind you Will would have it finished tomorrow.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Rhys

After looking through the lead pile tonight my project for 2022 is to complete the projects from 2020....
(and possibly 2021)
Attack Attack Attack until;
A: They're all dead.
B: We're all dead
Delete where applicable.

Raider4

/Looks at Romans sitting on my desk that I bought in 2004 . . .

Hey, at least they're currently top of the pile of things I might want to work on. (Doubt they'll be there next week)

Ithoriel

Quote from: Raider4 on 25 October 2021, 12:29:07 PM

Hey, at least they're currently top of the pile of things I might want to work on. (Doubt they'll be there next week)

2004? If only!

I have figures I intend to paint SOONTM that I bought in the 1970's!

You have plenty of time yet.

SOONTM - a period up to, but not including, the next Ice Age
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno II

Can't figure out the logic...but aren't we technically still in an ice age ? :-\

Cheers - Phil. :)

Think it finished early in the C19th Phil. It's the reason that utterly boring b Charlie Dickens has white Christmases.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

Quote from: Techno II on 26 October 2021, 06:51:42 AM
Can't figure out the logic...but aren't we technically still in an ice age ? :-

I believe we are, as there is still permanent ice at the poles.

Not wanting to start any sort of climate debate here, but the Earth has been far, far warmer in the past than it is now.

Orcs

Quote from: Raider4 on 26 October 2021, 08:07:36 AM
I believe we are, as there is still permanent ice at the poles.

Not wanting to start any sort of climate debate here, but the Earth has been far, far warmer in the past than it is now.

Watched a program narrated by David Attenborough on climate change, and its only for the last 10,000-20,000 years that we have had such a stable climate. Before that it cycled +/-  7-8 degrees every few thousand years.  So perhaps our current climate is the exception rather than the rule.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Orcs on 26 October 2021, 10:06:38 AM
Watched a program narrated by David Attenborough on climate change, and its only for the last 10,000-20,000 years that we have had such a stable climate. Before that it cycled +/-  7-8 degrees every few thousand years.  So perhaps our current climate is the exception rather than the rule.

It's more significant now because we mostly grow our own food.

paulr

And most of us live within a few feet of 'current' sea level
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Techno II on 26 October 2021, 06:51:42 AM
Can't figure out the logic...but aren't we technically still in an ice age ? :-

Cheers - Phil. :)

That doesn't mean there won't be a next one! :)

And yes, as I understand it, any period where there is ice at the poles is technically an Ice Age.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Raider4

Quote from: Raider4 on 25 October 2021, 12:29:07 PM

And, they're gone, back into the shoebox of Things To Do.

Replaced by the Sellswords & Spellslingers rulebook, and some Mordheim-style ruined buildings in 10mm. And a shopping list of things required to do (small-scale) US vs. Germany, circa 1945.

/sigh

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jambo1

My main 10mm project for 2022 will be the AWI, have ordered the first figures to get the ball rolling, and sorted my wish list with the next lot. :)

Ithoriel

My main project for 2022 will be to end each day alive and solvent! :D