Arab - Israeli range of sculpts nearing completion

Started by Sunray, 05 September 2021, 11:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

The last sentence may not be helpful, but it is true.

I can see the natural flow from the DAK to the Golan Heights in 1967 and the last Hurrah of the Panzer IV ... plausibly confronted by late war Shermans (Shermen?)

It's all a bit "circle of life" really.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 07 September 2021, 07:19:03 AM
The last sentence may not be helpful, but it is true.

I can see the natural flow from the DAK to the Golan Heights in 1967 and the last Hurrah of the Panzer IV ... plausibly confronted by late war Shermans (Shermen?)

It's all a bit "circle of life" really.

I can do with out this "Help" thanks Nobby  !!

I am studiously ignoring the the book on the shelf in front of me "Tank battles in Miniature - A wargamers guide to the Arab-Israli wars since 1948"
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Quote from: Orcs on 07 September 2021, 01:55:32 PM
"Tank battles in Miniature - A wargamers guide to the Arab-Israli wars since 19488"

Presumably written for use with Epic 40K games? :)

Nice typo!! Made me grin.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sunray

Alas poor Orcs. He is summering from Post Covid white metal mountain.

I knew I would OD on 10mm, so while lockdown lasted, I diverted into 3mm or 1/600.

Now returning to the one true scale.  And a project about a post WW2 East Mediterranean  island called "Vesta" which has an Orthodox Christian demographic in the south and a Muslim population to the north. Loosely based on Cyprus/Crete.  It has a couple of VERY strategic airfields.   

Arab - Israeli will make perfect proxy troops.

Orcs

Quote from: Sunray on 07 September 2021, 11:49:18 PM
Alas poor Orcs. He is summering from Post Covid white metal mountain.

Most of it was Pre-Covid, I have managed to slim it down from Everest to K2 in lockdown :)