Wehrmacht Motorcycle Rifle Company

Started by Waremblem, 05 August 2021, 02:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waremblem

I just purchased BKIV and am looking over the rules. I'm eventually going to build the 11th Panzer Division for battles around the Chir River. One of the first units I'm going to assemble is the 11. Aufklarung-Abteilung. Within that battalion is a motorcycle company. From the Germany Army Eastern Front list I see that the armored car platoons will be recce. However, I don't see any listing for motorcycles. Motorcycles are listed in vehicles and wagons for 25 points. I assume you add this point total to the platoon price. Would the motorcycle platoons be 85 points (60 recce platoon+25) or 65 points (40 Heer+25)?

A German Kradschutzenkompanie would have 3 rifle platoons(3 stands), a light mortar section (3 50mm), and two HMG sections (1 HMG each). Since support on the army list doesn't break out 50mm mortars I'm assuming those are built into the unit stats and not represented at this level. Would the 2 HMG sections be represented by a single Platoon support MG stand or not represented at all?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The MG's would be one stand/base. Although the German doctrine was to use the lt mortars as a battery they have been factored into the platoons.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021