Some FPW figures not often seen

Started by Leman, 18 August 2023, 09:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Just a couple of photos of some of the FPW models that don't often feature in games. A French fortress gun in an emplacement. I could not bring myself to take this off its base to fit into the emplacement, but I do have a second one to paint up and fit. The game I was playing included a French fort and this is where the fortress gun was located, along with other guns in emplacements. I prefer to glue guns into their emplacements rather than have them sliding about. The third photo shows two emplaced Prussian siege guns. There are not too many scenarios that feature these, but the Square Bashing/Krupp Bashing rules include off-table grand batteries as an asset. I like to keep these guns, and the two emplaced French guns, on the table edge whilst these assets are available, after which they are removed from the table.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Chris Pringle

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Lovely work there Andy 8) ! I bought one for my ImagiNations forces, but not sure where I've put it  :-\  :o .

d_Guy

Very nice, Leman, nice to see you posting up pics again.
Like the idea of having off-table assets made visible.
Sleep with clean hands ...

fsn

I'm a big fan of off-table assets being on table. I put a red border on them to signify they are off table.

Dammit though, those figures are somewhat inspiring. :)
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Busily back working on mid-C19th figures again, although concentrating on 1866 at the moment. With Magister Militum closing production whilst a buyer is being sought I decided to repurpose the small number of Crimean figures already bought, thus the 17th Lancers will now become 1866 Prussian uhlans, and the Russians in greatcoat and feldmutz will be added to my winter Prussians collection. However, at some point I would like to have a siege of Strasbourg game and get those big guns out again.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!