1879 Pacific war llamas

Started by Trebian, 06 July 2021, 10:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

There are even more now, Mark !!  X_X

I thought my eyes had gone VERY squiffy yesterday....I was getting a flickering in my vision...which usually means the gloop in my eyes has come slightly away from the retinas....This happens from time to time...and it usually clears after a couple of hours...it just wouldn't yesterday !

Then my big desk lamp's 'daylight' tube gave up the ghost...That was what the flickering was. ;D ;D
Pretty good service from those 'tubes'..I've had that lamp for over 30 years...and that's only the second time I've had to replace the tube.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

Well......A bit, Ian.....But I've got used to it.....It really doesn't happen that often.

I usually think of it as a 'pain in the bum' that will sort itself out fairly quickly....So it's not 'panic stations'.

Even with the 'sparkly lights' (when it happens) I can still see well enough to push putty around on the wee men.
The sparkly lights are around the very edge of my vision...(It's very pretty  ;D ;D)....But, the 'middle bit', where I actually want to concentrate, is fine.

Staring through an Optivisor, continuously, for hours at a time probably doesn't help.  ;)

Cheers - Phil. :)

FierceKitty

Got the same too, Phil. Have you spoken to your quack about what they can do with a laser to weld the retina in place? You really don't want it to become detached.

I've had the laser treatment myself. Alarming, but not painful.
I have not the pleasure of understanding you. Of what are you talking?

fsn

I agree with FK.

Your eyes are too darned important.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014
Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!
2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020
7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)

fred.

Go to the opticians Phil, things that people tolerate usually mean they are deteriorating slowly
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

We have tried that before Forbes, he just ignores us.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

No......(Sadly)....I'm getting to the stage where I simply don't want to know :-[

Alexander  :)......You just can't get to see a quack....and I'm sure it's the same for the whole of the UK.
Nearest I get to the surgery is to see 'nursey', for my three monthly jab.

Closest you can get to a 'proper doc' is a 'triage' phone call.....Where you basically self prescribe medication.  X_X......."Can you 'up' this drug ?"...Thanks !
There really are a lot of folk that are a damn sight worse off than yours truly.....and need the NHS to sort them out, far more than me.

Cheers - Painkillers R Us. :P (I'll get through it...never fear.)