I really get SO angry.

Started by Techno II, 19 June 2021, 02:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Quote from: Norm on 21 June 2021, 07:00:59 AM

It remains the case that the UK is fortunate enough to have a global success story on vaccine delivery, there are many places in the world that can only look and wish that they were so fortunate.

Or sadly don't think that because they do not think it's nessessary!  :(
We have friends in Iowa who have had the same sort of experience that Poggle reported.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 19 June 2021, 11:54:50 PM
There are several of this style of leader - arguably Modi is a bigger nut.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/28/indian-prime-minister-genetic-science-existed-ancient-times

"There must have been some plastic surgeon at that time who got an elephant's head on the body of a human being and began the practice of plastic surgery."

If I had to explain the difference between Modi and Orban in one movie quote:

QuoteHokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 20 June 2021, 09:40:28 AM
Steve it's not luck or lack of it. Both Trump in US and Bolsonaro in Brazil denied covid was serious, result over 500000 dead, Kovinda is leading India in the same direction but then he is religously motivated.

I was using "lucky" in the Gary Player sense of the word (In case it wasn't apparent).

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

OK so supposed to be going to a school in Thornton, caught train at Bhead central - only me on platform wearing a mask, about 1/4 of passengers not wearing masks. IDIOTS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ben Waterhouse

You don't need to wear a mask outside...
Arma Pacis Fulcra

But the Merseyrail regs say you do, and same applied in the underground stations, inculing the idiotcylist riding his bike in a subway.

Raider4

People just do what they want to do, and if they're white & middle-class they generally get away with it (see also "extinction rebellion" protests).

These guys were in hi-vis with paint stained joggers

flamingpig0

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 21 June 2021, 10:16:36 AM
If I had to explain the difference between Modi and Orban in one movie quote:

If a Star Wars film had Modi and Oban  as heroic characters it would mean that Western Civilisation would have died
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

John Cook

Quote from: Raider4 on 21 June 2021, 11:18:24 AM
People just do what they want to do, and if they're white & middle-class they generally get away with it (see also "extinction rebellion" protests).

You can almost smell them.  I used to live in Wilton, about 10 miles from Stonehenge.  Middle-class this trash are not.  Burglaries, shoplifting and theft generally doubled over the Summer Solstice when this lot turned up.  The white middle-class tend to be the group that abides by social convention and toes the line.

Big Insect

I think this thread needs to stop and cool off for a while folks.

If we can do that Voluntarily that would be better than it being shut down.

Thanks

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

I suggest shut it down Mark, it's only going to get worse.....

Gwydion

What a strange trajectory this thread has taken, from annoyance about low pay for Chinese workers to offensive remarks about the British working class.

Raider4

Grumpy old men getting grumpier and grumpier . . .  ;)

John Cook

Quote from: Gwydion on 21 June 2021, 01:21:26 PM
offensive remarks about the British working class.

Missed that.