I really get SO angry.

Started by Techno II, 19 June 2021, 02:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

Painting and modeling ?

Yep...This is the right thread.

Some of you may remember that a neighbour, 'over the road' from us, lost his partner/wife during the pandemic.
'D' had bought 'S' a Britain's cavalry bugler (54mm scale), as a prezzie, before she died.....But it had arrived with the tail of the gee-gee, snapped off.

Many, many months ago..before 'S' had passed away...'D' had asked me if I would fix it

"Yeah....No probs.".....It did take a very long time before I actually got the model. ;)

I'm now trying to fix it, as a bit of a tribute to 'S'..I'm certainly not going to ask 'D' for any dosh.

What has got me rather 'cross', is that I needed to check piccies of the model....to check that I'm 'doing it right'.

I now know how much this model would cost to buy.....(around £60.)

Absolutely frigging peanuts, for the work that would have been involved.....to first of all sculpt..put it together..and paint.....and then  fix all the twiddly bits that would never come out of a mould, in one go.

Made in China (apparently).....Here you are, peasant.....Have a bowl of rice, and be grateful.

Phil. >:(

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Calm down, Calm Down. I do understand Phil, but the Chinese economy is very bouyant ATM, and the standard of living much lower so labour costs are lower. Hence lower prices.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

19 June 2021, 03:38:43 PM #2 Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 03:40:38 PM by FierceKitty
Hmmm, I've lived in the wretched country. The pay didn't seem much until you looked at the cost of living - so low you had to bend over to see it. Partly, admittedly, because there was Freddy Arthur to spend your earmings on.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno II

I'm even 'more crosser ' now. >:(

Had the misfortune to see a few minutes of one of the Euro '2020' games...France v Hungary..

Stadium completely rammed with sad little, bare chested wonkers (sic) ....not a single mask in sight. X_X
No idea where it was being played......and frankly, my dears, I don't give a **** anymore.

What's the point of doing the best you can, when 'dockhead' (sic) idiots cram themselves together like this...

I'm suspending myself from the forum, for a while...before I truly lose it.

Raider4

Quote from: Techno II on 19 June 2021, 04:46:14 PM
Stadium completely rammed with sad little, bare chested wonkers (sic) ....not a single mask in sight. X_X
No idea where it was being played......and frankly, my dears, I don't give a **** anymore.

In Budapest, the only stadium being used with no restrictions whatsoever.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Techno II on 19 June 2021, 04:46:14 PM
I'm even 'more crosser ' now. >:(

Had the misfortune to see a few minutes of one of the Euro '2020' games...France v Hungary..

What's the point of doing the best you can, when 'dockhead' (sic) idiots cram themselves together like this...

I'm suspending myself from the forum, for a while...before I truly lose it.

It's in Hungary:

You can use Google if you wish to see their leader's (Viktor_Orbán) views on issues like Medicine, Democracy and Government Spending.

flamingpig0

19 June 2021, 11:54:50 PM #6 Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 11:56:44 PM by flamingpig0
Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 19 June 2021, 10:57:42 PM
It's in Hungary:

You can use Google if you wish to see their leader's (Viktor_Orbán) views on issues like Medicine, Democracy and Government Spending.

There are several of this style of leader - arguably Modi is a bigger nut.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/28/indian-prime-minister-genetic-science-existed-ancient-times

"There must have been some plastic surgeon at that time who got an elephant's head on the body of a human being and began the practice of plastic surgery."
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Leman

At the end of the day the only people who can really change these countries are the people themselves. It could take years, decades or centuries. It may seem a little harsh, but once other countries start sticking their noses in (unless they themselves have been militarily attacked) you get an Afghanistan or Vietnam. Complete waste of time, money, lives, which generates even more terrorism.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Leman on 20 June 2021, 08:43:24 AM
At the end of the day the only people who can really change these countries are the people themselves. It could take years, decades or centuries. It may seem a little harsh, but once other countries start sticking their noses in (unless they themselves have been militarily attacked) you get an Afghanistan or Vietnam. Complete waste of time, money, lives, which generates even more terrorism.

I don't think anybody's advocating military regime change for these places.
Simply observing that several leaders of this ilk are in post.

Besides: Their countries seems to be among the unluckiest ones when it comes to Covid, which caused more casualties than a "peacekeeping force".

Steve it's not luck or lack of it. Both Trump in US and Bolsonaro in Brazil denied covid was serious, result over 500000 dead, Kovinda is leading India in the same direction but then he is religously motivated.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Poggle

Our county in Ohio has not yet reached 48% vaccination rate--which is high for this state--yet people are acting as if it's all over. My wife and I are being careful and wear masks in public places even though we're fully vaccinated. We went into a popular, crowded and not very large local store two days ago and were the only ones masked. A few rednecks there looked at us with derision. For context a friend of ours lost her non-vaccinated mother to Covid three weeks ago.

Heedless Horseman

Poggle: Keep it up!  :) Look after 'your own'.  :)

Whatever people think about current UK Gov't... at least 'trying' to control  bug, through BUYING vaccines. (Whether they will work or not.) so, now, other nations who DID NOT, attack... they were in the same market! Same with 'Organisations' who 'demand' release! Look after Your Own, first!  >:(

'Party political' 'sniping' annoys me.. as usual!  >:(  I AGREE that there should be much more restrictions on 'travel'... but would They have done different?

'Idiots' abound, everywhere! Locally, some Kids have got a Free testing Kit... and dropped bits along a much used path. Almost certainly 'not used'... but... handle with care, when binning! Same with dropped masks... lose one... go back and find/dispose! And 'snap' strings!

'Crowd Events'... sports, demonstrations or social... past caring!  :o
Just Do What You Can... for Your Own!   :(
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Norm

20 June 2021, 07:29:28 PM #12 Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 07:32:49 PM by Norm
In the UK, the vaccination program is going at full pelt. A marvellous job by NHS and the equally amazing volunteers. Just the organisation and planning to get these huge numbers jabbed daily must be a huge challenge. Very difficult to be anything other than impressed - so there is good news around.

andys

Currently around 1 million people get the first jab every 5 days. Based on the percentages jabbed so far, I think there's something like 9.5 million still haven't had their first jab yet. So call it 7 weeks at that rate until everyone has had their first jab.

But there's only 28 days until the target date of 19 July for first jab completion - about 5.5 million jabs and 4 million short of the target.

Presumably the 400,000-ish jabs that are getting done each day will now be given more to first timers than seconds to hit the target? That's just over 11 million jabs given between now and 19 July, so the second jab/day number will rapidly fall between now and then? That's roughly 300,000 first and 100,000 seconds per day between now and 19 July.

Goodness knows what adding the 16-18 year olds into the mix will do but I guess they can possibly be done afterwards.

If the 400,000 shots per day keeps up after 19 July, another 6-7 weeks or so to finish the second jabs, early September finish? Just in time to start the winter vaccination programme...

Norm

The complexity of the delivery will no doubt change. At some point, as greater numbers are double jabbed, there can be a greater emphasis on first jabs. The sums can't assume that everyone will want to get jabbed at all and I am guessing the hard part will be in continuing delivering high volume across the country once we reach a tipping point in demand. At the moment, you could probably increase to 600,000 doses a day and there would likely be enough take up in the population to fully use that capacity, but it will eventually not be the case, perhaps having greater reliance on super pop up venues will be the way to get volume used on a single day for mop ups in a specific area and a more efficient way to administer the vaccine, especially with regards to shelf life.

Hitting the longest day of the year today is a reminder that the good weather for outside safer meeting etc is a clock slowly ticking away.

It remains the case that the UK is fortunate enough to have a global success story on vaccine delivery, there are many places in the world that can only look and wish that they were so fortunate.