What has happened to the forum?

Started by mollinary, 15 June 2021, 11:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 21 July 2021, 08:42:47 PM
But it does not seem to be an ipad  problem, as I have exactly the same results on my pc.  Could it be an account problem?

I'm not sure at all on that, it's an odd one.  So there are boards where you're not seeing all of the threads?  If we can find an example of something that's missing at your end, we can try to replicate on other machines and see what the problem might be?  Obviously it's hard to see something that's missing but if there were any boards in particular with issues we can try there?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mmcv

The photos section was one a couple of people reported issues with earlier:

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/board,8.0.html

Quote from: streetgang on 29 June 2021, 03:57:44 AM
Oddly enough, for the photos link I get "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." but the 18th century link works. None of these links are visibly seen however on my main board. I am using Google Chrome and frequently clear my cache.

Which does seem to be some sort of permissions thing in the account if there's something that locks people out of certain areas?

DecemDave

Just out of curiosity, I checked my own profile and found a whole bunch of settings under several headings including "look and layout".  It might be worth seeing if your account has something other than defaults that is affecting what you see.   Sometime, somehow, some might have been set in a way you dont want.

mollinary

Thanks for the idea Dave, I had not looked at my profile before. Unfortunately, however, there appears to be nothing out of the ordinary there, so the hunt goes on!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Mollinary has sent me some screenshots of the Forum homepage at his end, which actually match mine, so can anyone else have a look at this for us?  If you go to the Forum homepage and scroll down to the 'Wider Wargaming' section, do you have the sub-boards visible underneath 'Genre/Period Discussion'?

Or does it just look like this:

Genre/Period Discussion
For discussion of different genres of wargaming or specific periods of history.
Moderator: Lord Speedy of Leighton
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Mine looks good - 5 sub boards showing is that right ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

Quote from: Leon on 22 July 2021, 11:37:28 AM
Or does it just look like this:

Genre/Period Discussion
For discussion of different genres of wargaming or specific periods of history.
Moderator: Lord Speedy of Leighton

Mine just looks like that - no sub-forums

toxicpixie

Logged in as Guest I see them all -  same as logged in as me. See attachment.

Must be a profile issue?

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

toxicpixie

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 22 July 2021, 11:44:13 AM
Mine looks good - 5 sub boards showing is that right ?

I make nine sub-boards in Wider Wargaming...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

Quote from: toxicpixie on 22 July 2021, 12:01:01 PM
Logged in as Guest I see them all -  same as logged in as me. See attachment.

Must be a profile issue?

It's specifically the 'Genre/Period Discussion' board we're looking at here, so you're not seeing them either from your screenshot?  There should be sub-boards showing underneath the 'Moderator: Lord Speedy of Leighton' bit?

If anyone clicks into 'Genre/Period Discussion', how many sub-boards are you seeing at the top of the page?  There should be 5?

Ithoriel

I still see 5 so whatever it is that's happening it's not happening to me ..... I feel excluded :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Perhappes you should be excluded (from the nastiest forum member) - yes still 5 sub-boards for me. I'm on Chrome. Could it be browser specific althoiugh that is unlikley
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

Ah sorry!

It's *within* Genre/Period; I'd misread that as being the only one you could see within wider wargaming :D

No, I see five there as per Monsieur Speedy ;)

mmcv

Yep I also see all 5 sub boards both as Guest and logged in as me.

John Cook

I see the expected 5 sub-boards under Genre/Period Discussion on all my devices.