Vaccination requiremnt for show attendance ?

Started by Orcs, 04 June 2021, 12:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cook

Quote from: Genom on 04 June 2021, 06:58:48 PM
I was told by the nurse giving me my Jag (Scotland), that there would be no vaccine passport because it would be too easy to forge a bit of card with some writing on it.

Your nurse seems to be badly informed.  Forgery is not an issue because the NHS England COVID vaccination card is not a 'vaccine passport'.  Its purpose, as explained to me, is to inform medical professionals in exactly the same way that people who are epileptic, have extreme allergies, are insulin dependent and so on, carry similar cards. 

Norm

The credit card thing is useless as proof of full vaccination, I could give mine to Leon, but it would count for nothing.

My understanding (something not to be relied upon!) is that in England, you can register with the NHS App (this is not the same thing as the NHS Covid - 19 app), which ties into your medical record and therefore shows your Covid vaccine status and it is a verifiable document linked to the users ID.

T13A

Hi

Norm is correct, I downloaded the NHS app a few days ago and I can confirm that it shows the dates I had the jabs, which vaccine and even the batch numbers.

If I'm the first on the forum to do this do I get a prize?  ;)

Cheers Paul

T13A Out!

Orcs

Quote from: T13A on 04 June 2021, 08:55:14 PM
Hi

Norm is correct, I downloaded the NHS app a few days ago and I can confirm that it shows the dates I had the jabs, which vaccine and even the batch numbers.

If I'm the first on the forum to do this do I get a prize?  ;)

Cheers Paul

In which case it would be fairly easy to apply the "vaccinated people only rule" . It would still leave someone with the unenviable job of refusing entry to those that don't have it.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

John Cook

Quote from: Norm on 04 June 2021, 07:48:26 PM
The credit card thing is useless as proof of full vaccination, I could give mine to Leon, but it would count for nothing.

It isn't meant to be 'proof' of anything. 

fsn

Quote from: Norm on 04 June 2021, 07:48:26 PM
Is Leon taking them as some sort of payment? (He said hopefully.)
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No he isn't. The little bit of card is just for show really. You don't need it for second jab, about 1 in 3 don't bring it with them. All the info is as other people have pointed out on your medical records, and should be inputed at time of injection. I say should as the comms from the Devany Centre are iffy. Yesterday all candidates expected attended for injections. Dont think it would be practicle to insist on producing proof at some of the more croweded venues and social distancing would be impossible.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

Quote from: T13A on 04 June 2021, 08:55:14 PM

Quote from: Orcs on 04 June 2021, 10:48:26 PM
In which case it would be fairly easy to apply the "vaccinated people only rule"

Hmmm . . . (looks at Nokia/WIndows phone) So I'm excluded, just because I don't have the right sort of smartphone?

Techno II

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 05 June 2021, 07:17:30 AM
No he isn't. The little bit of card is just for show really. You don't need it for second jab, about 1 in 3 don't bring it with them.

Yep.. Von and I have ended up with two cards each.....One for each jab.
We were simply told to copy the details of card A onto card B, or staple them together.....So they definitely can't be any use as 'certificates', as has already been mentioned.

Cheers - Phil. :)

Ben Waterhouse

Some folks, my wife included, didn't get a vaccine card on their first jab. The card isn't necessary to get your jab, that's done by your NHS number. The NHS app holds your official vaccine details and you can use it to get a time limited hard printed copy...
Arma Pacis Fulcra

sean66

I got a card from work (I work for the American Army in Germany).
Got the one jab Johnston. my card was an American CDC card.
A week later got told most countries might not accept this, went onto Amazon.de (other online retailers are available),
and bought a WHO Vaccination booklet took it to the Medical Centre on base, they transferred the details on the booklet.
I then drove from Germany to Bulgaria going through four borders there and then four borders back. with my UK passport, and UK registered car.
I never got asked once for my COVID documentation, to either prove i had the injection or that i had a negative test.  :o
Regards
Sean

Raider4

I now have a sticker saying "I've had my Covid vaccination", and that should be good enough for anyone, I think.

John Cook

07 June 2021, 01:22:12 PM #27 Last Edit: 07 June 2021, 02:08:12 PM by John Cook
Quote from: sean66 on 07 June 2021, 12:27:41 PM
I got a card from work (I work for the American Army in Germany).
Got the one jab Johnston. my card was an American CDC card.
A week later got told most countries might not accept this, went onto Amazon.de (other online retailers are available),
and bought a WHO Vaccination booklet took it to the Medical Centre on base, they transferred the details on the booklet.
I then drove from Germany to Bulgaria going through four borders there and then four borders back. with my UK passport, and UK registered car.
I never got asked once for my COVID documentation, to either prove i had the injection or that i had a negative test.  :o
Regards
Sean
All within the EU are they not?  Did you get asked for any ID of any description?  Bulgaria is an Amber List country in UK to which you 'should not travel' and on return from which we'd need to go into quarantine for 10 days and take COVID tests.  So, it seems that the EU is the architect of its own misfortune again.  

Every country seems to be ploughing their own furrow and it looks like phone apps of one kind or another are going to be needed for foreign travel.

The WHO International Health Regulations vaccination record, or so-called 'Yellow Card', is not accepted as proof of COVID vaccination anywhere that I'm aware of.  The purpose of the Yellow Card, I had one for years back in the day, is to show that you are protected from the ghastly diseases in the exotic parts you are going to.  Subtly different from an 'immunity passport' which shows you aren't infected.  It is also a very unsophisticated document that would be open to abuse I think.  

John Cook

Quote from: Raider4 on 07 June 2021, 12:37:33 PM
I now have a sticker saying "I've had my Covid vaccination", and that should be good enough for anyone, I think.
Absolutely.  Together with your Lone Ranger tin star you have 'license to kill'. :D

Raider4

Quote from: John Cook on 07 June 2021, 01:59:42 PM
Absolutely.  Together with your Lone Ranger tin star you have 'license to kill'. :D

Nah, need my 'CI5' warrant card for that, I think ;)