DRAFT proposed QRS Revision

Started by michaelk, 06 May 2021, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelk

Hi all I have created a draft proposed QRS revision. I was hoping for some comments and or edits as necessary. I have included a section on Recon, Visibility and Air Superiority and included the additional rules around shifting template sizes based on the number of artillery units firing.

Happy to take comments.

Thanks

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Nice stuff, but you should really have only 2 sheets.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

I think the 'official' one has 4 sheets, but would have to check.

paulr

There's a bit of scope to save some space by getting rid of unnecessary white space, e.g. the Spotting table

You could also look at tighten the wording to reduce space used, e.g. the first row of COMMAND PHASE MODIFIERS
"if any unit used Opportunity Fire in the last turn, or carried out an Initiative action this turn." could be
"Opportunity Fire last turn, Initiative this turn" probably halving the width of the table...

You can have more than 2 pages for a QRS, you want to try and get all the most common rules on 2 pages but others can be on 2 more pages (how I do my FK&P QRS)
or you can group areas of rules as I do for GQ I/II (2 pages for core rules, 2 more for air combat & 2 more for night fighting)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

If you have a QRS that is more than two sides, I laminate them, and hole punch them then hold them togther with India tags/Treasury tags.

For Chain of command this works great as you can do the same to the army list and attach the relevant one for the game you are playing.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

michaelk

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itinerant Hobbyist

I like it, i was thinking of doing one myself. I agree on the formating. i don't mind it being 4 pages, but there's some whitespace and elements that move to a second page and away from their chart that could be fixed.

Thank you for making it.

Itinerant Hobbyist

I'M VERY close to finishing my take on your work...coming soon, this is flippin' taking me forever.