Berlin 1980s British OOB

Started by Big Insect, 02 March 2021, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider4

Some useful info on BAOR organisation in the early 80's here.

Big Insect

Thanks Raider

NB: does anybody know what scale the QRF moderns are - looks like they might be 15mm
Also - just saw that they have been trying to sell the range.
Interesting

Cheers
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Yes they are 15's. Can be a bit of a pig to put together, some nice figures though.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

Quote from: ianrs54 on 16 March 2021, 06:49:49 AM
Yes they are 15's. Can be a bit of a pig to put together, some nice figures though.

Thanks Ian - I was all over the new QRF website last night and just couldn't find the scale - probably my incompetence.
Shame they are 15mm as they have the FV432/30s and the Fox A/C which are hard to find in 10mm.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

sultanbev

Red3 do a large number of metal 10mm Cold War items, including the Fox and FV432/30mm.

I won't post a link to a rival company here, but am sure your google-Fu is up to it.......

Big Insect

I bought 3 x UR67 (BTR-50) Mine Clearance Vehicles from Battlefield3D on ETSY - it will be interesting to see the quality and the size.

They are a nice addition to my 10mm cold war soviets - my Murmansk Brigade to fight my planned Swedes - especially as it is a 'funny' and I doubt other mainstream manufacturers will include it in a core range.

Cheers
Mark

Big Insect

Quote from: sultanbev on 16 March 2021, 09:17:34 AM
Red3 do a large number of metal 10mm Cold War items, including the Fox and FV432/30mm.

I won't post a link to a rival company here, but am sure your google-Fu is up to it.......

Thanks Mark  :)
I work on the principle that when Pendraken have the model I'll be loyal  :D But I also understand that some of the 'funnys' are just not worth Leon having made ahead of the core vehicles.
There are just so many varients of vehicles in a Cold War range you can get bogged down with the odds & ends.
I'll take a look at Red3

sultanbev

I've had some nice WW2 models off Battlefield3D, now he's printing in resin they look great - he did me some Churchill 3" Gun Carriers, M2A1 Mediums and M2A2 Light tanks, FCM F1, Tracteur C M39, Lorraine 38L APC and Renault R40, and a company of Is-7 all in 1/160 for me.

Big Insect

Quote from: sultanbev on 16 March 2021, 09:27:54 AM
I've had some nice WW2 models off Battlefield3D, now he's printing in resin they look great - he did me some Churchill 3" Gun Carriers, M2A1 Mediums and M2A2 Light tanks, FCM F1, Tracteur C M39, Lorraine 38L APC and Renault R40, and a company of Is-7 all in 1/160 for me.

Is 1/160 true 10mm?

sultanbev

It's N gauge outside the UK, so means I can use model railway scenery to match. So I order all my 3d printed vehicles for 10mm gaming in 1/160. Butler 3D charge me the same as 12mm. Battlefield 3D are always competitively priced too.

Big Insect