Question about doctrines and unit cost.

Started by Zookie, 12 April 2021, 04:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamingpig0

Quote from: Raider4 on 05 June 2021, 01:17:38 PM
For UK-based viewers, "The Predator", the latest (last?) film in the series is on Channel 4 at 21:00 this evening.

Horrid beyond belief
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Raider4

Oh dear, that was just terrible. Easily the worst of the four films.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DecemDave

Well I liked it!     But then I stuck with 1/72 plastics for decades while others went for those new fangled metal thingies.

Just wait till those killer mutant tardigrades land.  Then we'll have real problems.  :d :d :d

PS

I wish they would stop beaming out radio signals that we are here.  Any species with the technology to reach us could wipe us out unless they pick up this film transmission and believe its a documentary.

flamingpig0

[quote author=DecemDave link=topic=20769.msg327762#msg327762 date=1622974569

I wish they would stop beaming out radio signals that we are here.  Any species with the technology to reach us could wipe us out unless they pick up this film transmission and believe its a documentary.

[/quote]
I am  more worried abou them seeing  the 'talent' shows
 H.P. Lovecraft

Salah Askar,

Big Insect

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 06 June 2021, 02:18:44 PM

I am  more worried about them seeing  the 'talent' shows

I think that these are actually a defensive measure - like The Voice or The Masked Singer or The Wall, or all those 'Bake-off' looki-likey show (please save us all from Glow-Up!!!).
Any alien invaders would just think we were some sort of socially retarded misfit species* and stay well clear, in case it was contagious.

(*that is probably closer to the truth than we'd like to think)

** I better watch what I a typing here or my potential career in 1st class test cricket might hit the rocks in 10 years time  :-X
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Big Insect on 07 June 2021, 03:16:42 PM
** I better watch what I a typing here or my potential career in 1st class test cricket might hit the rocks in 10 years time  :-X

I rather suspect that any potential cricket career is long gone Mark
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

flamingpig0

Quote from: Lord Kermit of Birkenhead on 07 June 2021, 03:42:25 PM
I rather suspect that any potential cricket career is long gone Mark

Depends how soon we develop cyber enhancements- Mark could potentially have a long career as a champion cyborg cricketer
 H.P. Lovecraft

Salah Askar,

Big Insect

I can think of no worse punishment!

But actually I can ...

Being forced to watch most forms of ITV or BBC TV shows on an hour by hour basis - I can almost feel my brain cells dying as I think that thought!
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.