1809 Project - French

Started by Gareth121, 02 April 2021, 05:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cook

Quote from: Gareth121 on 03 April 2021, 01:41:17 PM
Thanks - It sounds a bit arrogant but as I intend to paint both sides for this campaign, the basing is determined by what looks right to me and I will adapt the rules to fit. I want to be able to game larger battles, even little campaigns, so something like Snappy Nappy might work - but I am still looking for a set that gives the feel of what I am after.

That is a very sensible approach and not arrogant at all.  Basing is the bane of wargaming these days with, what sometimes seems to be, a near fundamentalist-like and hide-bound approach.  I haven't rebased anything in 20 years I should think and like you I modifying rules to fit my bases which are, similarly, determined principally by what looks right to me. 

Ithoriel

"Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools" - Douglas Bader  :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

John Cook

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively."  The Dalai Lama

NickinRI

Quote from: Gareth121 on 02 April 2021, 05:14:44 PM
This is the first French unit for my 1809 Campaign in Italy Project. The scope of the project has been left somewhat vague.

Very nice.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021