Name our Building?!

Started by Leon, 28 March 2021, 05:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

28 March 2021, 05:52:25 PM Last Edit: 28 March 2021, 06:29:38 PM by Leon
One of the weird quirks of our new premises is that the building has never had a name or number, it's always been listed as just Business Name, xxx Road, Middlesbrough, etc.  This did cause a few problems during the purchase as the lack of an identifier made it harder to locate on things like Land Registry and searches.  

So, we'd like to name our new building officially but we're struggling to choose a name!  We've got a few favourites but we thought it might be fun to throw it out to you guys and see if you've got any better ideas?  We're looking for a building name only, so something like Corporation House, The Shard, Television House, that kind of thing.  Pendraken House seems a bit pretentious, Casting House might give the impression that we're an actors agents, Draken House isn't the easiest to spell on the phone, etc.  Command House is the current favourite but still doesn't quite work for me.

As inspiration, we're a wargames business based in Middlesbrough, called Pendraken.  We make items in metal and MDF.  We have brands including Pendraken, Minibits, RedVectors, Commander rulesets, etc.  We will be having a shopfront once we get moved in.  It doesn't want to be something too specific to us and our business though, as it'll be an official change of name and could be on the building for the next 50 years.  If we ever move out or retire the name will still be there.

Let's see what you can come up with and hopefully you'll have some betters ideas than us!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Steve J

Techno Towers (with dedicated first aid area ;)!)

The Bunker

The Command Post

GHQ

Pendraken's Pillbox

Steve J

fsn

28 March 2021, 06:16:36 PM #5 Last Edit: 28 March 2021, 06:20:30 PM by fsn
I always liked "The Office" as a name for a bar.

I also suggested "CEO's Office", "Downstairs", "Ladies' Loo",  and "Marks and Sparks" as names for meeting rooms at work.

Perhaps I have no sensible suggestions - but when has that ever stopped me?

"Dark Lord's Retreat"
"Milady's Shoe Fund"
"Casting Dwarves Despair"
"Sunderland Supporter's Club"
"Home for the Permanently Bewildered"
"Good enough for now"
"The Outhouse"
"The Hot Metal Place" (Though that may just attract middle aged men with long hair and leather jackets.)
"Next Door  ->"

I just googled metalworking terms ...
"Work hardening house"
"blowhorn stake"
"machinists blue"
"Ball Peen Place"

(I like "Blowhorn Stake")

"The Workshop"
"The Atelier" (Maybe a bit fancy)
"The Guardroom"
"The Mini Barracks"

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shutuphippie

2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

In case you haven't seen one before, here is a Blowhorn Stake.
https://hammermarks.wordpress.com/tag/blowhorn-stake/
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Organistus

The suggested "The Atielier" can seduce french customers.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Can't be Techno Towers, that's in Pembrokeshire Steve!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

It doesn't want to be something too specific to us and our business, as it'll be an official change of name and could be on the building for the next 50 years.  If we ever move out or retire the name will still be there.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 28 March 2021, 06:25:14 PM
It doesn't want to be something too specific to us and our business, as it'll be an official change of name and could be on the building for the next 50 years.  If we ever move out or retire the name will still be there.

Oh ... you should have said.

Well then ...

"Not a brothel"
"Should have seen the mess when we moved in ..."
"There was blood everywhere ..." (AKA Techno Towers)
"Funny sounds from the cellar - even though there isn't a cellar"
"Condemned"
"Never got rid of that smell"

"The Studio" (May attract middle aged men with long hair and cameras)  

I'm not helping, am I?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Leon House
The Leon's Den
Milady's Manse
Milady's Dark Forge
The Laser Barn
That MDF Smell
The Mini Pen
The Lead Leon (the Red Lion? no the Lead Leon!)
Leadwood

sultanbev

Brain's a bit cabbaged at moment due to having vaccine jab on Thursday, so this is the best I could conjur up so far: :(

The Middlesbrough Machine Shed/Shop

By the way Leon, hope you're keeping the trees at the front?

slugbalancer