Using 10mm in the Netherlands

Started by Leman, 10 March 2021, 10:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

10 March 2021, 10:34:34 AM Last Edit: 10 March 2021, 10:40:52 AM by Leman
This is my second 10mm game since moving to the Netherlands. It's taken a while getting the flat into shape (and is still a work in progress) and I had to get my head round posting photos again, not an area I am very proficient in. This is part of a SYW campaign being fought between Austria and Prussia using the Honours of War (Osprey) rules and a mix of Pendraken and Old glory figures with a few Irregular figures thrown in for good measure. I am using a Deep Cut mat with a six inch (15cm) grid. This is useful for laying out the battlefield as HOW has been written with 28mm figures in mind and scenarios generally on a 6'x4' playing area. However the rules come with tables at the back for using smaller figures (downloadable on the HOW website as playsheets) so I opted for the same frontage as 15mm figures which means most scenarios can be fought on a 3'x2' playing area, yet still look like a full battle.

The Maurice Action Cards are being used as fate cards to give a little bit more unpredictability to the game. The Maurice notable cards were also used to determine the C-in-Cs and brigade commanders to help build a narrative.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Very nice Andy and great to see you are able to get back into gaming again :).

Techno II

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sunjester

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

I have now managed to track down the actual fate cards used in the simple SYW campaign I am using. Anyone interested should see Happywanderers contributions on the Honours of War website in both the Scenario and Battle Report sections.

sean66

Looking good.
its always a good feeling after moving setting up your table.
Regards
Sean

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ace of Spades

Nice! We definitely need some more 10mm players in the Netherlands!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Arrange us jobs in Amsterdam....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

Nah, get up here to Groningen. More countryside and fewer crowds, plus a fantastic city and lots to see for those interested in late WWII.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I keep misreading as Neanderthals...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

You should see the bloke in the flat upstairs!  ;D