1941 desert battle

Started by michaelk, 27 February 2021, 01:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

A sweeping desert battle always looks great! Looks like there is a killing zone smack in the middle of the table!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ace of Spades

Wow, looking good!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Zinkala

Quote from: michaelk on 27 February 2021, 05:09:45 PM
Thanks all... after years and years of wargaming I finally decided to paint a World War II army. NOW I AM ADDICTED - I need Italians, French and um, Russians, and early war, late war, AAAGGGHHHH someone stop me.  :D

Yeah, I'm feeling that too. Slowing down a lot after making and painting several regiments worth of stuff for canadians and germans but want lots more. Great part is they don't take up much space compared to my usual 28mm minis. Lovely looking job on everything.

michaelk

The battle begins. The 8th Panzer Regiment lead the assault spread across the table from left to right.  On the right is the supporting 115th Schutzen Regiment. The objective is to clear the hills and my version of an escarpmentesque, if that's a word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michaelk

British Sniper

michaelk

From the British side as the 6RTR is released as a counter to the German tanks and the 12th Hussars make an end run round the German right flank.

michaelk

German commander just hanging around.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno II

holdfast

What is the code for the tasty German Command truck? It looks just the job.

sultanbev

Quote from: holdfast on 24 March 2021, 05:55:25 PM
What is the code for the tasty German Command truck? It looks just the job.

BRV98 AEC Dorchester ACV (in the British section, Rommel used captured ones...)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Chistened Mamuts if I remember correctly. Good stuff
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

holdfast

Super, will add to the list. We had a lorry mounted command vehicle from that era in 36 Engineer Regiment in 1973. But spares were no longer available so the workshop had to make the spares from scratch. For some time we would tow it onto exercise as it was still very nicely fitted out inside, but the effort became too great and we donated it to a museum in the end.

Rommel also used a 250 - varient number escapes me. The ACV's were borrowed during Battleaxe, not sure how long they lasted..
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021