The painting competition comments thread.

Started by Techno II, 05 February 2021, 04:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

Quote from: Coenus Scaldingus on 28 February 2021, 02:44:29 PM
Too many terrific entries to comment on them individually, but as someone rather new to the 10mm scene, the competition definitely beautifully illustrates both the impressive factor of entire units and armies of 10mm miniatures while also highlighting the amount of detail that can still be achieved on them. Very inspiring stuff all around!

Might only have time to finish and photograph one or two entries for myself this year, but hope to be back next year with an entire army perhaps...

Welcome from me, too !

Cheers - Phil :)

Steve J

Some superb work on display and this is going to be very hard to judge! Well done on all have entered and good luck to one and all :).

GregB

Hi everyone - thank you for the kind welcome. I am sorry to have been so slow to reply...I'm not exactly a genius at using these forums... ~X(

While I may be useless at posting replies in threads, I have been a keen fan of the forum and the painters here for some time. There is some really, really great work here, and it inspires all the time - you guys pulled me into 10mm in the first place! I started with FPW a couple years ago, and have gone to other eras from there...I hope to share more going forward.

Best of luck to all, and thanks again!

Greg

Leon

There's some cracking stuff this year, good luck to everyone!  I'll be turning the entry threads off a little after midnight to give our Stateside members enough time to get their entries in.  Then we'll get the voting threads up at around midday on Monday.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Going to have a look through the threads once everything is in.

Sad i didn't have the time to get something togheter for this one. Next time!

chrishanley

Just managed to finish varnishing my last entry (while watching the Great Pottery Throw-up). Its dry and photographed and somehow got it up-loaded before the deadline.
Thankyou Leon for bringing the painting competition back. It is always great to see what can be done in this most wonderful scale and this year the standard is raised again.

DHautpol

Many thanks to Leon for loading my photos for me.

Having had a look around, I think there are some stunning entries this time round.  Good luck everyone.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Some tricky choices and painful omissions to be made in voting.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Big Insect

A really great competition and some truly inspirational painting and basing styles.

I await the results with baited breath  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Gareth121

Just voted. That was very very difficult. There were some exceptional entries and the quality of painting is outstanding.

Westmarcher

01 March 2021, 04:33:58 PM #101 Last Edit: 01 March 2021, 05:24:38 PM by Westmarcher
 :'( :'( :'(  Far too difficult! And I've only just started voting! So many good entries!

Quote from: FierceKitty on 01 March 2021, 03:12:05 PM
Some tricky choices and painful omissions to be made in voting.

So true! You think you've done well producing a short list and then you realise you've still got to cut it down again!  #-o
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

magpiestear

So I've cast my votes, which was really tricky.  Some awesome entries, lots of tough choices to make.
I've enjoyed looking at all of the entries though!

Good luck to all................  :)

Big Insect

I've done my voting - so very hard - some great entries and innovative subject matter.

I'm inspired to start my 2022 entries already - maybe a CWC British Berlin force, in that wonderful Berlin Camo.

Or a Napoleonic French in Egypt army ... although I'd have to 'lobby' for some matching Brits to fight them - the ones in the long-tailed frock-coats and top-hat type shakos (& the distinctive French Camel Corps as well) (... and the Mameluks & Turks of course, for the Battle of the Pyramids) ... hmmm maybe that is too big an ask  :(

NOTE TO SELF ... "you said you were not going to start doing Napoleonics until everything else was finished!!!" ... well the Egyptian Campaign is not really napoleonics , honestly.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Steve J

Blimey, that was hard! Quite a few categories where I struggled to whittle the entries down to 5 votes. Good luck to one and all as so many entries deserved to win.