The painting competition comments thread.

Started by Techno II, 05 February 2021, 04:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: ianrs54 on 23 February 2021, 12:59:27 PM

Erm NO - mind you they look better like that  ;D

Twentyfifth time lucky (note to self dont delete imugr pics after posting....)  :D
Arma Pacis Fulcra

steve_holmes_11

I'm really enjoying looking at the entries.

It's instructive to see the variety of painting styles employed, all with good effect.
I'm also picking up some handy basing hints by looking at others work.

Great stuff - keep it up.

Techno II

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 23 February 2021, 01:18:44 PM
Twentyfifth time lucky (note to self dont delete imugr pics after posting....)  :D

You Wombat !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Any why prey would Ben be a 1970's 120mm RCL Phil ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

DecemDave

I've only looked at pre 20C foot since that is my interest area but those entries vary from the superb to the awesomely superb. So well done everyone.   I don't envy the judges but I do envy the skill of the entrants and their armies!  I will stick to my excuse that I'm painting for wargames armies not for close up photos but its obviously an excuse as I have seen some of the units in their armies elsewhere.   I am still deciding if the competition entries are inspiring or depressing!   Been locked down too long.    ;)

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: ianrs54 on 24 February 2021, 10:02:18 AM
Any why prey would Ben be a 1970's 120mm RCL Phil ?

Ha! I have fired a Charlie G mind...
Arma Pacis Fulcra

So have I Ben, and a 66, 25pdr aon 105 Oto maleria
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ben Waterhouse

I've fired a 66, but only saluting battery 25lbr.😃
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Jesus

there is little left to finish the term, I want to see all the works
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

mollinary

Hi Leon,

I notice that in this year's competition there are a number of otherwise excellent entries which don't entirely conform to the rules (too many photos, too many vehicles).   I do hope their authors  are going to be encouraged to modify these entries before the completion date, rather than being disqualified afterwards?  It would be a great shame if any of these lovely pieces did not get considered over technicalities!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 25 February 2021, 07:35:20 PM
I notice that in this year's competition there are a number of otherwise excellent entries which don't entirely conform to the rules (too many photos, too many vehicles).   I do hope their authors  are going to be encouraged to modify these entries before the completion date, rather than being disqualified afterwards?  It would be a great shame if any of these lovely pieces did not get considered over technicalities!

I usually go through all of the entries close to the end date and check for anything like that.  An extra figure here or there isn't too much of an issue and the extra pictures are easily removed.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

Thanks Leon, an eminently practical approach!   Good to know you are watching over us.  ;)
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 25 February 2021, 08:49:04 PM
Thanks Leon, an eminently practical approach!   Good to know you are watching over us.  ;)

Always watching!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner