The painting competition comments thread.

Started by Techno II, 05 February 2021, 04:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean66

Quote from: Leon on 18 February 2021, 01:00:50 PM
I think it's a shortage at Vallejo's end sadly so could be Covid related.  Our UK supplier has just had a massive delivery come in but there's about a dozen colours missing from it, including white!  I'm trying to find out when they're expecting another restock so hopefully it's not far away.

I do find it a bit disconcerting that Covid seems to be effecting the supply chains around the world. I am an experienced Logistician. All the way through Covid I have tried my best to keep my particular supply chain open. Even during some of the harsh weather we have had here in Bavaria I've only had packages delayed by a day or two. but since this huge storm has landed in US they have shut my supply chain off from their end. but whenever you contact a Shipper/Courier I always get the same response. Even though I can see they get it in good time and the delay is always with the shipper, their excuse is always " well you know COVID is playing havoc with supply around the world"
Regards
Sean

Leon

Luckily we've not seen much at our end but I can only imagine how bad it's been in some sectors.  With the Vallejo issue I think it's probably a combination of limited staffing due to Covid/distancing at their factory, combined with a surge in demand from folks stuck at home in lockdown, plus the shipping issues getting stuff in and out of the EU/UK at the moment.  I've had an update today though that my supplier is expecting another pallet to arrive in the UK in around two weeks' time so not too far away.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sean66

I think another big issue was once China got working again, there was a massive demand for shipping containers.
this with the other country lock downs and holding of containers within ports produced a lack of shipping containers pushing some
to be priced at exorbitant rates. hearing some being charged over $12,000 to move from China to Europe. extra $2,000 into a UK Port.
regards
Sean

Techno II

Quote from: Big Insect on 19 February 2021, 09:46:25 AM
There is some cracking entries in that Open Army section ... I think it will be a tough choice for the judges this year.

Oh......I imagined that we'd be doing the same as last comp.....In that everyone (who wants to) gets a vote. (Or more accurately LOTS of votes.)  :-\

Cheers - Phil :)

Leon

Yep, it'll be a public vote again this year!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

I've posted my entries, there are also some very impressive entries this year ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Prophaniti

There's some really inspiring stuff across all the categories. Looking forward to seeing what else comes in between now and the deadline.

Steve J

Certainly some very impressive entries already, which means it's going to be damned difficult to choose winners and runners up.

fred.

There are some really great entries. Lots of really great entries.

To all the new people posting pictures, its great to see them. Just with the format of the painting comp threads, its not possible to comment on them directly  :(

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Big Insect

Quote from: fred. on 21 February 2021, 05:18:37 PM
There are some really great entries. Lots of really great entries.

To all the new people posting pictures, its great to see them. Just with the format of the painting comp threads, its not possible to comment on them directly  :(

Maybe that can happen after the event is closed Fred?
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

FierceKitty

I don't care much for fantasy, but Hoagie's trolls are just right. :)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Ben - your LoA piccies seem toi be non-existant
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: ianrs54 on 23 February 2021, 12:20:35 PM
Ben - your LoA piccies seem toi be non-existant

After much swearing, then checking the help forum I seem to have sorted it!🤪
Arma Pacis Fulcra

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF