Greetings from the Netherlands/Germany.

Started by Roel, 02 February 2021, 08:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roel

Hello everyone.

Roel (pronounced as the English word 'rule'), Dutch and living in Germany (Wesel).

Have had a particular interest in history and wars since as long as I can remember. Grew up with Airfix and Matchbox miniatures, played a lot of Risk and later Axis and Allies. Collected Esci kits in the 80's. Experienced the 'dark ages' during puberty, nothing much happened in that period on the miniature front during these years ;) Long story short, more miniatures and material in different scales became available (or found them on the net). Love wargaming but sorry to say, more into Axis and Allies type of games.

Made a Crusaders game with Italeri miniatures but was not happy with it. Friend pointed me to Pendraken. Been buying a lot of crusader related miniatures ever since. After I've painted enough of them I'll start working on the game board.

Recently made an Arnhem game concerning Market Garden. Game board is ready but still need to paint the miniatures. Other project is a WW2 escape and evasion game with... Pendraken miniatures 8)

Too much to do, so little time  :'(

Hope to find more wisdom and pictures of painted figures on this forum.

Cheers
Roel

fsn

Wotcha!

Airfix and Matchbox - that's a path a lot of us recognise.

Pendraken is a good choice. Great range, and great service. Love to see pics of your Arnhem game.

You're right though, there are soooo many Pendraken ranges to buy from, and you may find an odd sort of wisdom here. Sort of a cross between Laurence Olivier on "World at War" and "Alice in Wonderland".

Still, a fine body of chaps. Join in, post often, especially pictures.

Post something in the competition. 

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Welcome!

Do tell us more about your Arnhem project?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

mmcv

Greetings! I hope you share some pictures, I've a lot of 10mm crusades myself  :D

Westmarcher

A warm welcome from me, too, Roel.  :)

We are a fairly friendly bunch here; enthusiastic about our wargaming but we also like a laugh now and again, so feel free to join in. Looking forward to reading your posts on Roel playing games.  ;)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Orcs

Welcome to the Forum Roel.

Your history is like a lot of ours. Played with toy soldiers until we got interested in girls. Then when we found what being involved with girls really meant, moved back to wargaming.

Some of us here are fortunate to have met women who accept our hobby and one or two even have partners who will play wargames. Fierce Kitty has a wife who is more than a match for him ( and probably most of us)  on the wargames table. Still at least he always has an opponent to hand.

Welcome again.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno II

A very warm welcome to the forum, Roel.  :-h

Cheers - Phil. :)

T13A

T13A Out!

paulr

Welcome Roel :-h

Looking forward to seeing your various projects, they all sound interesting :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Thought we'd closed the border. Welcome on board
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

OldenBUA

Hallo Roel, wees welkom, maar weet waar je aan begint, 10mm is erg verslavend.

As a side note, Roel should be pronounced like 'cool', rather than 'rule', I'd say.  8)
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.