BKC Solo Game of Juno Beach

Started by holdfast, 21 January 2021, 12:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holdfast

If the technology works, or if I am able to work it, here is a shot of a solo game I am doing in an attempt to get my head round the rules and to check that I have all the bits before I offer myself up for ritual humiliation with a live opponent.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

You should have no problems with them, but ask away if you get problems
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

mmcv

Big Insect

Agreed - a very nice looking table and an interesting scenario to be getting to grips with the rules.

Any questions - please post here - nothing to small or 'silly' that we all wont be prepared to help with -  ;)
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Ithoriel

"Gentlemen, we are being killed here on the beaches; let's move inland and be killed there."

Great looking table and very nice figures.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

holdfast

Now that I have cracked how to post a photo I will offer some more with a bit of a running commentary.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

holdfast

While I have everyone's attention, should the Landing Craft be plain grey or some naval camouflage? I think plain grey ideally with a serial number but stand ready to be corrected.

Techno II

Looks brill !!  :-bd

Cheers - Phil  :)

Can be  either, cammo on British ones was dark grey "squiggles" with the numbers in red.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

holdfast

Thank you, will try that. Ashamed to admit that the landing craft are already in use and not yet painted. A bit like Russian tanks at various stages.

holdfast

Here we are at the end of Move 5. The Canadians have closed up to the sea wall and are rushing the two exits. However there are PAK 75 covering each exit from the rear of the village. The Germans manage 4 actions on their command rolls and concentrate on the AVRE as the most dangerous enemy at this stage, eventually racking up enough hits to brew it up.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!