Painting Competition 2021!

Started by Leon, 19 January 2021, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Martin1914 on 12 February 2021, 09:34:01 AM
In Luddite appreciation, thank you for enlarging my entry photos.

No worries!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

JaymisHawk

Total pleb question here but trying to upload pics from Flickr for the Open Army Category, unfortunately it's only posting links. Can someone help explain what I'm doing wrong please? Thanks.
"It'll be fine!" - The last words the misses heard me utter before Cthulhu devoured us in Arkham Horror!

Leon

I think the pictures aren't set for Public or Sharing?  When you click into one of the images, there should be an arrow to the bottom right of the image (kinda curved to the right) which is the Share button.  On your pics this is greyed out instead of being bright white.

If you go into your image and scroll down the page there should be some 'Additional Options', are your images set to 'Public'?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Your album isn't set to share. I can follow the link to the pics, but can't get access to the share bit.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

JaymisHawk

Quote from: Leon on 12 February 2021, 09:12:11 PM
I think the pictures aren't set for Public or Sharing?  When you click into one of the images, there should be an arrow to the bottom right of the image (kinda curved to the right) which is the Share button.  On your pics this is greyed out instead of being bright white.

If you go into your image and scroll down the page there should be some 'Additional Options', are your images set to 'Public'?

I've gone back in and set the individual images to Public. Fingers crossed that works.
"It'll be fine!" - The last words the misses heard me utter before Cthulhu devoured us in Arkham Horror!

Leon

All fixed and I've edited the post to show the images.  Good luck!

JaymisHawk

Quote from: Leon on 12 February 2021, 09:58:45 PM
All fixed and I've edited the post to show the images.  Good luck!

Dariq Al Wazyr

My sincere thanks to Pendraken, for this opportunity!

I guess this is a message from GOD, that I must now, finally, get started on painting up my buddy's British Army of the Rhine force. I'll be submitting something from that.

I first heard about this over at The Wargames Directory, where I get my news. I've JUST started a thread over there, too, if anyone wants to discuss or share ideas and submissions. I may even blog my progress on my project, there.

Again, my thanks to Leon, and everyone at Pendraken. They DO take good care of us, do they not???

===> https://wargames-directory.com/forums/topic/pendraken-miniatures-painting-competition-submission/ ;)

-W

Techno II

And as that was your first post....a very warm welcome to the forum, 'W'

Cheers - Phil :)

paulr

Welcome Dariq Al Wazyr :-h

They DEFINITELY DO take good care of us :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

There seems a very patrician determination to regard the plebians as halfwits. An invitation to revolution and military dictatorship.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Blind Musketeer

Well, I think I submitted my photo URL with the proper permission settings but they are not showing up in the post. Will they show up later? Is there a way to verify?

-Jim

Ithoriel

15 February 2021, 05:24:54 AM #73 Last Edit: 15 February 2021, 05:34:02 AM by Ithoriel
Quote from: Blind Musketeer on 14 February 2021, 09:42:10 PM
Well, I think I submitted my photo URL with the proper permission settings but they are not showing up in the post. Will they show up later? Is there a way to verify?

-Jim

Jim, you are linking to a link not the image itself. On the pages you linked to, click on the image to get to the picture itself and link that. Most picture hosting sites have an option for the owner to create a link that can be cut and pasted at that point.

Hope that helps.

Nice stuff in the photos, by the way.

If you Quote this post you'll see the difference in what we've both posted.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Quote from: Blind Musketeer on 14 February 2021, 09:42:10 PM

-Jim

Some very impressive ECW figures, very nicely based :-bd =D> :-bd =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!