Painting Competition 2021!

Started by Leon, 19 January 2021, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Quote from: Big Insect on 20 January 2021, 08:44:42 AM
There is only one answer to that Peter ...  :D ... I am sure Leon can turn your order around at high speed  ;)

Pretty sure i have a baggie somewhere  :-$ :-$

FierceKitty

Quote from: DaveH on 20 January 2021, 01:52:59 PM
I better get the Zulus and British I have undercoated started then.... (after all only owned them for about 7 years or so)

One of the attractions of Zulus is that they paint up fast. The other is that they're a pretty good army.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Big Insect

Quote from: FierceKitty on 21 January 2021, 12:05:25 AM
One of the attractions of Zulus is that they paint up fast. The other is that they're a pretty good army.

But you do need "f'ousands of em, Sah!"
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

DaveH

Quote from: Big Insect on 21 January 2021, 12:26:33 PM
But you do need "f'ousands of em, Sah!"

Not for the painting competition as no more than 40 figures allowed!

FierceKitty

Quote from: DaveH on 21 January 2021, 04:45:39 PM
Not for the painting competition as no more than 40 figures allowed!

Not if you enter a whole army as such.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

mollinary

I assume these include the TB lines?
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 21 January 2021, 05:35:43 PM
I assume these include the TB lines?

Yep, those are allowed as well, no worries.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Theo

22 January 2021, 08:36:12 AM #25 Last Edit: 22 January 2021, 08:40:36 AM by Theo
Quote from: Leon on 21 January 2021, 06:28:55 PM
Yep, those are allowed as well, no worries.

oooh! now that's an idea! I may very well paint some TB Line. Have not participated in any of the comps for many years now but if I can swing the time and painting enthusiasm I may very well chip in this year. Given all that has happened with Covid etc. it feels almost like a community project/thing.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: mad lemmey on 21 January 2021, 07:52:38 PM
What section does FI16 go in?

A canoe is an early boat, a boat moves people from one place to another, so the Vehicle category?!  Or you could try it in the Open catagory instead.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 21 January 2021, 07:51:24 PM
What about planes?  :P

Again, vehicle-ish or the Open category.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Aksu

I have not painted anything for a year now, so this is a good reason to kickstart my mojo with codex Mendoza in one hand and some aztecs in another. Maybe brush needs to go somewhere too.
Pre 20th foot it is. 32 figs.
Cheers
Aksu

Blind Musketeer

Can we use scenery, terrain, or backdrops in our photos? Or is the preference for a solid backdrop to showcase the figures?
-Jim

Techno II

I would have thought so, Jim.....In previous years folk have used backdrops and terrain...But I'd wait for Sir to confirm. ;)

And as that was your first post...A very warm welcome to the forum. :-h

Cheers - Phil. :)