Painting Competition 2021!

Started by Leon, 19 January 2021, 08:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Big Insect on 01 March 2021, 04:51:43 PM
But only 1 vote per entry ?

Yep, so you can't vote 5 times for only one entry.  But you can vote once for 5 different entries.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!

Lord Speedy of Leighton

My votes are in, some superb efforts there guys.  Well done all and best of luck.
You may refer to me as: Lord Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Smithy

Wow, really tough voting decisions, so many great entries in each category. Having only recently joined the forum its been great to see all the varied entries  -lots of inspiration to further my painting and basing techniques (and sooo much temptation to just get 1 or 2 or 10 new armies in different eras!!!)
Well done everyone looking forward to seeing the winners
Cheers all
Smithy

mollinary

Voted. Some amazing entries this year, well done all!  Haven't voted on the sci fi thread, don't feel qualified.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!

Lord Speedy of Leighton

To quote someone...
Go-on-go-on-go-on-go-on-go-on...
You may refer to me as: Lord Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Big Insect

You've forgotten the ... "Ahhhh, go-on, go on" bit from Father Ted Lemmey  ;D
This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

paulr

Voted #:-S

I'm glad we got 5 votes this year, you know it is tough when your initial short list is 10 :o

I notice that the numbers of votes aren't showing at the moment, will this be changed once a few more votes are in
It was interesting in other years to watch the lead change...
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 01 March 2021, 09:40:34 PM
I notice that the numbers of votes aren't showing at the moment, will this be changed once a few more votes are in
It was interesting in other years to watch the lead change...

The votes are always hidden until the voting closes, so they'll be revealed at 3pm next Monday!  There's some interesting early trends coming in though, so we'll have to see if those continue for the next 7 days...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!

Scorpio_Rocks

Voted!

Wow, got to say guys all VERY good - this is why I dont paint my own figures!
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Martin1914

Just cast my votes. How difficult was that! Fantastic entries, well done everyone. It took all day to decide. Should have been working from home. Busy day tomorrow!  :-[
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Farles

Voted! Best of luck all, some excellent painting skills on show!

streetgang

Votes have been cast! Some really lovely brushwork and basing on display and so many different painting styles that really bring out so much of the sculpting. I hope to have a few more entries in next year's competition and I hope to learn how to take a picture of small scale miniatures in the next year!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: streetgang on 02 March 2021, 03:56:38 AM
Votes have been cast! Some really lovely brushwork and basing on display and so many different painting styles that really bring out so much of the sculpting. I hope to have a few more entries in next year's competition and I hope to learn how to take a picture of small scale miniatures in the next year!

I'd back that all the way.
I saw a few painting styles I'd never have thought of by myself, and might just give them a go.

It's certainly true that a big bright photograph does a lot to show the minis at their best.

Jungle_Badger

Misunderstood the system, I first voted once in each category then thought we were allowed 5 in each which was great because there are so many brilliant entries.

Now I see I was right the first time and have to go back and reassign a single vote, it will be difficult and I think everyone should be proud of their work, great to see so many passionate hobbyists with such a wide range of interests.

Leon

Quote from: Jungle_Badger on 03 March 2021, 04:52:04 PM
Misunderstood the system, I first voted once in each category then thought we were allowed 5 in each which was great because there are so many brilliant entries.

Now I see I was right the first time and have to go back and reassign a single vote, it will be difficult and I think everyone should be proud of their work, great to see so many passionate hobbyists with such a wide range of interests.

You were right the second time, you're allowed 5 votes per category!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to almost 6000 products, including over 4200 products in 10mm, plus MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and much, much more!