Pendraken Plans for 2021!

Started by Leon, 10 January 2021, 04:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

This hobby's more dangerous than I realised!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

Hmmm. Don't know whether to be grief struck or relieved.

:-\

Will go for hopes of John's continued recovery.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 12 January 2021, 09:54:33 AM
Hmmm. Don't know whether to be grief struck or relieved.

:-

Will go for hopes of John's continued recovery.

When I spoke to him last week he was hoping to start production on the Japanese walls and fences in February, so we'll have another batch of Castle Arts stuff coming.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

Good stuff!

Gargoyles and Fomor, oh my...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno II

All being well, I reckon I'll have the Israelis finished by the end of the month.....Then it'll be on to the Egyptians, then the Syrians.

Not sure when I'll get a chance to go back to the Formorians.  :-\

Don't say it, Ian......I'm at warp factor 13 already. :D

Cheers - Phil ;)

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Only going to say that the Egyptians and Syrians should have come first, they are more useful than the Israleies being a good proxy for most Pact armies.

But since you asked WORK FASTER  :P
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

But the engines cannae take it !!

(S'all right, I'll eject the warp core. :D)

Cheers - Scotty. ;)

toxicpixie

I swear ejecting the warp core is written into every page of the Star Fleet ops manual :D

Why yes, I have just watched Discovery and Picard, why do you ask?

fsn

Quote from: toxicpixie on 13 January 2021, 01:15:23 PM
Why yes, I have just watched Discovery and Picard, why do you ask?

Oh dear. Have you been very bad?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

No, very good!

Picard was decent but a bit... overly nostalgic and nothing new, which given it's "crusty old bloke goes off to do what he did a crusty middle aged bloke" in style and format is not unexpected.

Disco is very, very good (barring the S2 finale which everyone except me liked, and I did really like but it didn't feel very Trek to me - more B5 or Star Wars).

Raider4

Quote from: toxicpixie on 13 January 2021, 01:15:23 PM
I swear ejecting the warp core is written into every page of the Star Fleet ops manual :D

Step 2 in any problem solving situation. Reversing the polarity is always step 1.

It's like the ia for a stuck lap top, reboot it. (IA - intial action when your rifle has a stoppage)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mmcv

Quote from: toxicpixie on 13 January 2021, 01:23:14 PM
No, very good!

Picard was decent but a bit... overly nostalgic and nothing new, which given it's "crusty old bloke goes off to do what he did a crusty middle aged bloke" in style and format is not unexpected.

Disco is very, very good (barring the S2 finale which everyone except me liked, and I did really like but it didn't feel very Trek to me - more B5 or Star Wars).

Discovery I've found to be a bit too action-focused, a bit like a lot of the new films, and lacking the "feel" of a lot of the other ones, which I find hasn't really drawn me in. I've still to watch the latest series mind you.

If ejecting the warp core doesn't work, there's always the sonic screwdriver! Oh wrong franchise...

toxicpixie

It is pretty darn gung ho, more a return to the Shatner years if the TOS team had a budget and the tech for decent space ships and aliens, and a cast that didn't want to burst their corsets or ruffle their toupee's :D

S'worth it for Michelle Yeoh alone :)