What the last rules set you played in 2021

Started by Steve J, 06 January 2021, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Two bags of smoke was the normal cry. For a section attack it was almost always left flanking - no idea why. Corse for USMC it's Hay Didle Didle - straight up the middle.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? - Honours of War
2) What armies were confronted? - Red vs Blue for SYW, using Austrian stats.
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, even though I have played the rules for probably as year or more.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No, I've been playing since they were in development.
5) How many players were in the game? - Solo
6) What went well? - The scenario from One Hour Wargames worked a treat and a full AAR will follow. The Blue Jaegers played a blinder and really turned the tide in favour of the Blue team.
7) What could have been improved? - Both sides had their fair share of good and bad die rolls, but the Red team random deployment didn't help them, but that's the fun part of the scenario.
http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!

paulr

1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? - DBMM 2.0
2) What armies were confronted? - Romans (Early Imperial) v Leidang
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Mainly, some of the difference with DBA caused some confusion
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No, I'm not going to work out how long I've been playing them
5) How many players were in the game? - Four
6) What went well? - The Leidang and German ally's MG corps (Bows and Crossbows) :-[
7) What could have been improved? - Pierre the Shy's dice rolls, on the odd occasions he managed to roll a 3 or 4 he opponent rolled a 6 ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Even the Romans suffered the odd defeat or two....hmmmm sounds like my dice throws yesterday ;)

We should move on to trying To the Strongest.....no "if its you turn and the wind blows from the west add 1" palavar in those rules.....and NO dice roles  ;D  :-bd 

"Welcome back to the fight, this time I know our side will win"

Last Hussar

1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? Victorian SF variant for Sellswords and spellslingers
2) What armies... &**% off
3) What, look did you feel comf... GO AWAY
4) Was.. SHUT UP AND EFF OFF
5) NO REALLY JUST SHUT THE F UP
6)  :'( :'( :'(
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

;D ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: Last Hussar on 23 January 2021, 12:00:22 AM
1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? Victorian SF variant for Sellswords and spellslingers
6)  :'( :'( :'(
I have not the pleasure of understanding you. Of what are you talking?

FierceKitty

23 January 2021, 03:33:39 AM #22 Last Edit: 23 January 2021, 03:55:44 AM by FierceKitty
1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? - White Man's Burden
2) What armies were confronted? - Zulu and British
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, easy one.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - Nope.
5) How many players were in the game? - Two.
6) What went well? - A lucky shot that took out the enemy commander, and won me that flank; no really bad melee results. A wide move by the 17th Lancers knocked out two regiments for no loss to itself. Zulu movement rolls were very weak when it counted.
7) What could have been improved? - I ran out of ammunition rather a lot, but never in a crisis (the whole battle against Zulus is usually a crisis!).

I had no idea that 22/1 was the anniversary of one of our victories over the Brits!
I have not the pleasure of understanding you. Of what are you talking?

Felix Magnus

1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? -Warnaster
2) What armies were confronted? - Dwarves vs Burgundian based Dogs of War
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, no worries
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No, I've been playing them since they were published.
5) How many players were in the game? - Two
6) What went well? - Dwarves stomped the pikes but the Paymaster was awesome in the break checks.
7) What could have been improved? - since it was the 1st time out of the chute for the Burgundian DoW troops, the player was, perhaps, a little too cautious. Learned, I expect will be better next time.

Steve J

Welcome on board Felix as it looks like this is your first post :).
http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!

Raider4

Quote from: Felix Magnus on 23 January 2021, 05:14:18 AM
1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? -Warnaster

Aye, welcome. And good to see Warmaster still being played.
ISO 3103 Certified

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

I really shouldn't press buttons...before I know what will happen.<br />Probably STILL the most picked on member of the forum since the year dot.

Lord Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Lord Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 23 January 2021, 12:00:22 AM
6)  :'( :'( :'(

Sunjesters dice again?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson