Greetings all

Started by Smithy, 04 January 2021, 09:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithy

Hi there
Hope everyone is doing as well as possible
After a 20 year gap in wargaming I started collecting a few miniatures and painting last year with some 28mm ww2, napoleonic british and star wars legion
As solo wargaming is likely my only outlet for the foreseeable (and I'm hoping to eventually play some large scale napoleonic battles) I discovered Pendraken and 10mm and am working my way through some French with some Austrian opponents on route. Will post some pics later this week on progress
Anyway thought I would drop a hello and intro myself and no doubt ask some dull questions on the correct number of buttons to paint on French 1808 pattern tunics in 10mm (tongue firmly in cheek!)
Best regards
Chris

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Welcome Chris!

The forum is warm, welcoming, well read, well informed, willing to help, weird and wacky by turns. Which means that pretty much whatever you are looking for will be available here .... at some point :)

Posting pictures here is more art than science to be honest. Once you've done it a couple of times it should be easy but first couple of times can be an exercise in frustration so if you get to that point feel free to ask fro help from Leon or from the forum in general. Many of us have posted little "how to" instructions and we can point you to them.

I can confirm the correct number is zero ... IMHO at least :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

Welcome Smithy

I too found Pendraken after a 20 year or so gap in wargaming - this was about 15 years ago - I know own many many 10mm armies, they are great!

With the current Covid situation remote gaming is also very much an option - and is quite possible with people from all over the world!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

steve_holmes_11

Welcome Chris.

It's a nice community here.
Enough characters, but not so busy you'd be swamped by the daily updates.

Welcome back to the hobby, do you have time to talk about 10mm, and how it helps you get more done faster and cheaper?

To answer your implied question - the correct number of buttons to paint is "All of them" ;-)

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Welcome on board Chris :).

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

A very warm welcome to the madhouse, Chris.  :-h

Cheers - Phil :)

fsn

Howdo Smithy.

Photos please.  2021 is meant to be my year of Napoleon and I could do with some inspiration.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Welcome to the Forum Smithy!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sean66

Welcome Chris.
regards
Sean

mmcv

T13A

Welcome Smithy, from another one...(Smithy, that is)  :)

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!