Coronavirus Update

Started by Leon, 04 January 2021, 08:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

With a new UK lockdown announced, we want to reassure everyone that we are remaining open for business and we are still able to complete your orders safely.

Our workplace
During the first lockdown we reconfigured our workshop so that everyone was socially distanced in their own working areas.  This has continued ever since so all of our staff members are safe and able to continue working without any risk.  We are also fortunate to have several members of staff so if anyone is required to self-isolate then other people can pick up their workload.  If needed we can return to working opposing shifts as well.

We actually had a spot check by the Health & Safety Executive in early December and they were happy with everything that we've put in place, so we're confident that we're safe and secure.

Orders and postage
The Royal Mail will still be catching up from the Christmas rush and there will be some knock-on effects from the recent Brexit deadline, so there will still be delays in the postal systems.  If you are waiting on a delivery, please be patient and allow at least 14 days in the UK and 28 days elsewhere for your package to arrive.

Events and shows
Most shows have been cancelled and we can't see any hope of them returning until July/August at the earliest.  The vaccine rollout will likely be the deciding factor here and large events will only be allowed once we've hit a good 70%-80% level of the population with immunisation.

Like a lot of you, we're completely exhausted with Covid being part of our lives and we want this whole thing to go away as soon as possible.  But the only way to get there is to stop the spread of the virus and look after each other as much as we can, so please keep yourselves safe and we'll get through this together.

Finally, if you're on your own and need to talk to someone, please get in touch.  Drop us an email or even give us a call and we can have a chat.  Our Forum is also a friendly and supportive place for everyone, regardless of preferred scale or period!  Our members there are always welcoming to newcomers so let us know if you'd like to join and we'll get that sorted out for you.

Stay safe and we'll see each other again soon.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

Well done and well said Leon.

I am fine in my little 'isolation island' (commonly called wargames hut). I'm OK for figures but am gonna need some paint soon.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Steve J

Thanks for the update and well done and for the offer to listen to people who may just need a chat to cheer them up. Yet again going beyond the call of duty!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Good to hear Pendraken is safe to continue.

Hobby stuff has been a great benefit over the last 10 or so months.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

steve_holmes_11

Superb work Leon.

Regarding the vaccine rollout, I'd advise assuming a "Murphy's timeline".
ie Whatever you have planned in 2021, the vaccine will arrive a bit too late.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

John Cook

Chins up.  We've all made it so far and are going to get through it.  It will all be over by Christmas ;)

T13A

Well done Leon and Pendraken!

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno II

And the same from me !!

Cheers - Phil :)

sean66