Review of 2020!

Started by Leon, 29 December 2020, 10:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

30 December 2020, 10:14:42 AM #15 Last Edit: 30 December 2020, 10:18:50 AM by fsn
Sorry, when I said "are you going to unveil your plans for 2021", I was politely saying "do it now, I neeeeed to know."  :-[

Fingers crossed for more Castle Arts, Amazons, Arab-Israeli and I'm sure there are some Centurion variants that haven't been covered. (I have a list.)
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sean66

Not to mention the Fomorians  ;D
been waiting nearly as long for these as photos  :o
Regards
Sean
P.S. outstanding work this year for all you have achieved.
the photos alone was a massive task.
but stepping up with the facemasks in a time of need. Is in my eyes more of note.   

fred.

Quote from: paulr on 30 December 2020, 01:01:21 AM
As you say "just surviving as a business has to be taken as a win this year", a definite win  :-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

You've neglected to mention the 6,000 PPE visors you produced at a time of great need

So much more than just surviving, helping the community and expanding the business with additional ranges and new supplements

All at Pendraken should be incredibly proud of their achievements in this peculiar year

What Paul said!

I'm always impressed / stunned / surprised at the shear amount of projects you try and achieve in a year - and that is a normal year, not 2020.

It's interesting to hear that without shows you have had time to do other activities (such as website photos) - might be worth a review of time vs benefits of some of these things to see where best to focus your limited amount of time. To me it would feel that getting things into production that have already been sculpted has to be at the top of the list, as these are things you have spent money on, but only need a little effort to get them to generating sales.

Quote from: fsn on 30 December 2020, 10:14:42 AM

Fingers crossed for more Castle Arts ...

That would be good. Especially the arch and bridges, let alone the actual castle
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Most of those things are on the list (except T'ang I'm afraid Kitty!) so we'll be getting to them.  There's potentially some stuff happening this year which should help us speed up a lot of the processes.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

It's OK. I'll wait until everyone's gone before I start crying.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

You know when you've been T'ang-o-ed
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Nobby - chew your own coat, after all no one else will go near it !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 30 December 2020, 10:11:51 AM
Hmmm, Leon didn't deny the T'ang report. Interesting....

OI! You've had your Meso Americans your not allowed another selection until Leons a Granded (might not be that long the sped they grow up)  and I have been patiently nagging for ages and ages for the armored train.  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs you know the kitty will keep mewling until it gets what it wants, generating much tedium in us sensible peps. Now Cheiftains, Challengers, and 432's are a massive ommision....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

A very positive approach to a run of very negative events in this year.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!