Battle for Hoth II

Started by Big Insect, 01 December 2020, 11:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonY

Well, just thought I'd share my thoughts on getting models/scenery for FWc. My biggest and bestest investment so far has been my Creality Ender 3 3D printer (£135, I know, it sounds a lot but read on) and several hours spent drooling over all the free stuff on Thingiverse.com has provided me with practically everything I could possibly want for my FWC Imperial Guard/Soace Marine/Eldar and Ork armies (in whatever quantities I decide on). Also as a bonus youre not stuck with the original 6mm scale (I found infantry/gun barrels a bit too fragile) just scale them up by 150% and hey presto 10mm sxale (or near enough). Its cheap, a 1 kilo drum of PLA fiilament (£15ish) will print out a pretty big army. The one down side is the printing is far friom fast, my Land Raiders about 65mm long take nearly 4 hours but it is "push button and forget it" just go back when its done and get you model.

Just thought I'd share ;)

Gordon

Raider4

Ahh, I've been looking into something like that (although currently £194 on Amazon).

Good to hear you've found it useful.

Raider4

Quote from: GordonY on 14 March 2021, 09:55:37 AM
. . .  and several hours spent drooling over all the free stuff on Thingiverse.com

Aaaah. Looks like every ship for both Necrons and Space Marines in Battlerfleet Gothic is on there :(:(:(:(

Oh, why do you tempt me so. I'm supposed to be de-cluttering, not buying new stuff.

Must resist . . .

GordonY

Welcome to the dark side.  :P :P :P

Gordon

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Declutering generally results in a 50% increase in stock !!  :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021