FPW

Started by Ray Rivers, 17 November 2020, 03:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mollinary

Beautiful stuff, well done and welcome!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ray Rivers

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!  :-bd

Quote from: Glorfindel on 17 November 2020, 03:29:37 PM
Welcome to the mad house.

Should fit right in I would think.   :)

Quote from: ianrs54 on 17 November 2020, 04:23:54 PM
You will get used to us eventually Ray, Rule 1 - be rude to Phil, Rule 2 Ignore Nobby(aka FSN) and welcome

;D That's a joke... right?  ;)

Quote from: fred. on 17 November 2020, 06:00:36 PM
Hi Ray

Hi Fred!

I've been a lurker for a long time. There is some absolutely stunning work posted here. So I really do appreciate the warm welcome.

@ Leon - You have a great company, superb miniatures and fantastic service.  =D>

I think I will enjoy visiting this forum every day.

Leon

Quote from: Ray Rivers on 17 November 2020, 07:00:01 PM
@ Leon - You have a great company, superb miniatures and fantastic service.  =D>

Thanks for that Ray and welcome to the Forum!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

Excellent work  :-bd
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Shecky

Very nice. I especially like the Chasseurs.

FierceKitty

Oh, and try to ignore what Ian does to English, especially when he's expressing loathing for everyone who speaks any other lingo.  ;D
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Welcome :-h

;D That's a joke... right?  ;)
It's complicated

I certainly do
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sean66

Welcome to the Forum.
Regards
Sean

Ben Waterhouse

Those are beautiful.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Ray Rivers

:x

Thanks all... very much!

The scenic stuff you see posted was made by Irregular Miniatures about 20 years ago and are mostly OOP. I did them for a 6mm project and am now rebasing them and refurbishing them a bit for this project. I am trying to do at least one base of scenic stuff for each batch of minis. They are not the greatest...

I am working on some Cuirassiers atm. Hopefully they will be done soon. Though "soon" for me may be a week!  @-)

Ithoriel

Quote from: Ray Rivers on 18 November 2020, 12:52:33 PM
Hopefully they will be done soon. Though "soon" for me may be a week!  @-)

I have some figures I was going to paint "soon" that are still unpainted .... bought in 1978!!!

I like CCP (makers of the EVE Online MMO computer game) definition of SOONTM - "a period up to, but not including, the next Ice Age" :)

Deployed regularly when asked when a fix was going to happen or an update was to be released.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ray Rivers

Quote from: Ithoriel on 18 November 2020, 02:49:09 PM
I like CCP (makers of the EVE Online MMO computer game) definition of SOONTM - "a period up to, but not including, the next Ice Age" :)

=O

Hopefully it will be before that...   :^o

Westmarcher

Marvellous detail! "Slow" has a certain quality! (bet you're ten times faster than me!  :) )

Btw, you said you've never done the FPW before - neither have I but I found this site some years ago that might help you with equipment and uniform colours and shades for the various participating nations:-
http://www.laguerrede1870enimages.fr/page180.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Westmarcher

Quote from: Westmarcher on 18 November 2020, 07:04:24 PM
Marvellous detail! "Slow" has a certain quality! (bet you're ten times faster than me!  :) )

Btw, you said you've never done the FPW before - neither have I but I found this site some years ago that might help you with equipment and uniform colours and shades for the various participating nations:-
http://www.laguerrede1870enimages.fr/page180.html

Sorry. Pasted 'wrong' link.  :-[  Here's the Home Page:-

http://www.laguerrede1870enimages.fr/index.html
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Very many thanks for that. I had access to it back in the UK but my old computer didn't make it across the North Sea. It is indeed an invaluable resource, and where I first came across French Republican infantry in white uniforms and dragoons having to resort to their old green uniforms.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!