Template lists for new Modern ranges

Started by Leon, 10 November 2020, 01:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Time to quote Slim - only fight ion a forward slope at a point were two maps join. As to the Soviet/Polish attack thats what I had heard as well. Air cover was to come from elements of RAFG and the Lufftewaffe, with possibilty of an assist from a USMC air wing.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Jim Ando

Who is designing the range .

Will it be the same person who did the falklands and Korean war stuff.

Jim.

Sunray

Quote from: Jim Ando on 04 February 2021, 06:17:29 PM
Who is designing the range .

Will it be the same person who did the falklands and Korean war stuff.

Jim.

Thr most gifted figure sculptor in 10mm bar none, assisted by an arsehole of a researcher. who insists on primary based evidence :) Same team as Korea.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: sultanbev on 29 January 2021, 06:36:30 PM
The source is the old WarOnline website, a Russian language one that featured articles on the IDF, including veterans reports (many Israelies came from Russia), or used hebrew sources and translated them. It doesn't appear to exist anymore. I did make handwritten notes of the main article, and a cut and paste of the article on ATGW,which is too big to attach here.

There seems to be some stuff saved on the Web Archive - https://web.archive.org/web/20200729201058/http://www.waronline.org/fora/index.php

Sunray

Well found Victor.  The RCMP have nothing on you.

pbeccas

Just wondering if there is any news on when this range will be available to buy?  I'm itching to do this period.

Leon

Quote from: pbeccas on 07 June 2021, 01:24:01 PM
Just wondering if there is any news on when this range will be available to buy?  I'm itching to do this period.

I think it'll be a couple of months at this point, the Naps project needs to take priority and with all of the moving costs we've had to slow down sculpting on these Modern ranges sadly.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

pbeccas

Mako

Need prone riflemen firing, and perhaps crawling figs too, to go with the prone MGs firing.

Casualty figs for all would be nice too.

Sunray

Following the disappointing sales of the Korea range, Leon has ordered a more modest initial "launch range" of figures. Pending sales and popularity these can be expanded, but its "toe in the water" till they get established.

Mako

19 March 2022, 03:04:37 PM #85 Last Edit: 19 March 2022, 03:28:03 PM by Mako
A shame, but perhaps some of the current minis in production can be leveraged with a few minor mods (for a skilled sculptor in this scale), that can be used to create new figs quickly, and more inexpensively, e.g.:

WWII US Marine Bazooka man in soft cap - if a head-swap were done, he could be used as a US infantryman in WWII, and perhaps for the Cold War Danes too (not sure if they got older WWII bazookas, or just the 3.5" models.  Could swap out the larger tube too, I suppose, though I can just pretend this model is the 3.5".

We need a kneeling American/Other man firing the bazooka from the kneeling position, since only those in standing poses are available for WWII, which just seems odd.  Most figs/photos I've seen, or accounts I've read about, show/mention them firing from the kneeling or prone position.

Korean War British 3.5" Bazooka Man firing from the prone position (with Beret/Other) - head swap with man wearing an M-1 Helmet, and these can be used for the Americans, Danes, and West German troops, as well as perhaps for other European/NATO nations too. 

We need a Prone 3.5" Bazooka Man firing his weapon for the Cold War - works for the Korean era too.

Would love to see some Swedes too, for the Cold War - yes, they do have the odd looking helmets, but carry G3 rifles (useful for the West Germans/others in Europe.

Would love to see the vehicles mentioned - especially the PBV302, their "Jeep" which was used as is, along with other light A/T weapons - 90mm RR, and their 1 ton Type 11 and 903 trucks, which also mounted RRs.  Their Strv 74 tank would be nice too (looks a bit like the little M24 tank to me).  The BV 202 and 206 tracked, snow vehicles would be very useful in the great white north, too.