Started by gladius, 10 August 2020, 08:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gladius

Hi Leon
You do some great figures any chance of going 1812 American's
Regards
Kevin

Leon

We've got the 1812 range at No.2 in the Top 10 Requests currently so it's certainly on the radar: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,19335.0.html
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Thought I would bump up this thread and make the same request for 1812 in North America.

The new British Peninsular War figures might proxy pretty well for US regulars but the rest of the US forces are difficult to approximate.
I have looked at 1809 Austrian Jagers and Landswehr to get the top hat look but the fringed hunting shirts for the militia is right out.
Considered the AWI Continentals in hunting shirts but major modifications to headwear and trousers would be required (and well beyond my skills).

1809 Austrian artillery might also work for US.

Speaking of top hats are there any 1812 Royal Marines lm the offing?

Just now taking a second look at 1812 and any ideas anyone has for proxies would be appreciated.
Sleep with clean hands ...

pierre the shy

What area(s) are you looking at doing?

Along the US/Canadian border, the Chesapeake landings or Pakenham's expedition to the Gulf?

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

d_Guy

Hi Peter. The Niagara Frontier. Bladensburg is interesting (in the way Tippermuir is interesting  :) ) and it is local but I  what to concentrate on one area. Niagara seems the most interesting (and the most competitive).

And, yes, 10's are back on (a long story).

pierre the shy

Quote from: d_Guy on 25 March 2021, 09:25:43 PM
Hi Peter. The Niagara Frontier. Bladensburg is interesting (in the way Tippermuir is interesting  :) ) and it is local but I  what to concentrate on one area. Niagara seems the most interesting (and the most competitive).

And, yes, 10's are back on (a long story).

Understandable as their were several reasonably large scale battles on the northern border - Wasn't one of them fought right next to the Niagara Falls?

Anyway I hope you get the figures you need....catch up with you soon.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

FierceKitty

OK, water hazard....4, 5, 6 unit is disordered until end of round....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

Thanks, Peter. Yes Lundy's Lane (which has a decent park and visitor's center in the midst of urban sprawl).

Kitty one of your event cards might do the trick - the American right wanders into a sudden bank of fog and mist and is never seen again.

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: Leon on 11 August 2020, 02:20:21 PM
We've got the 1812 range at No.2 in the Top 10 Requests currently so it's certainly on the radar: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,19335.0.html

How long has it been on the request list now? That radar seems to be moving awfully slowly...

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 26 March 2021, 01:15:06 PM
How long has it been on the request list now? That radar seems to be moving awfully slowly...

Since 1812 !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 26 March 2021, 01:15:06 PM

It's been there for ages but I think we've explained before that it would need to be done as part of the overall Napoleonics expansions rather than jumping straight to it.  With the impending Peninsular ranges ticking off a large chunk of the period that clears the decks a little and we can look at where to go next.  I think most folks wanted the Russians to be done next and then we can look at either War of 1812 or the Revolutionary ranges.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Leon, thanks for that answer. The extant 1812 Russians seem to cover the basics for doing Borodino but could obviously be expanded and would likely have a much larger audience than my narrow focus on the 1814 Niagara campaign.

The British and Canadian militia are very doable even with existing ranges and I think I can find sufficient proxies to do the American forces. Dispensing with the hunting shirts and giving the American militia a more uniform look will solve the remaining problems. Likely next month I'll be interested in something else anyway!  :D

I'll ask anyone who reads this and has proxy ideas to please share them.

Steve J

The following links have loads of useful info on the uniforms worn, units involved etc:

https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13672

[url]https://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13671[url]

d_Guy

Excellent resource, Steve, thank you!

d_Guy