Prussian Artillery Limbers & Landwehr

Started by Bertie, 20 May 2020, 10:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bertie

Can I request limbers and outriders for the Prussian Army. Whilst I understand they used mainly French and British limbers. the outriders seem to me a least to be a glaring omission. If this is not going to be possible, let me know and I will use Prussian cavalry. But please don't mention head swapping.

And whilst I am at it. Firing line figures for the Landwehr.

MooseDontBounce

100% agree on Prussian Limbers.  I need about 40 and just patiently waiting.  I'm hoping for a 2021 Non-Kickstarter Kickerstarter of Napoleonic Smorgasbord.  All items like this that are need to fill gaps in current ranges.

John Cook

It is a strange omission.  There are no cavalry guns, as far as I can see, in the Austrian 1809 range either.

I'm not sure that the Prussians used that much foreign artillery equipment.  There are a few batteries with British kit in mid-1813.  Either British tubes on Prussian carriages, with double-bracket trails, or complete British pieces with block-trail carriages.  I don't know about limbers but Prussian equipment seems to predominate even then.  The Prussian-made limber was very similar to the Austrian, complete with a limber-mounted ammunition chest.

Rather than using Prussian cavalry have you thought about other teams with shakos?  The Wurttemberg team NWU13 have a limber that would fit the bill and you could just remove the plumes and file down the shako ornaments to look as if it had a cover.  Not much of a challenge.  It could be done during the clean-up process.  That is what I'd do.

Zippee

I was promised wurst guns for Austria and Bavaria as part of the 1809 NKS

They like the French guard are taking an immeasurably long time to make their appearance though

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!