Orcs you have been warned X_X

Elephants for my two Carthaginian armies for my Punic War - DBA project

Apparently Orcs is a recovering elephant addict :-&

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Very nice indeed. I do wonder about the labels though, as I presume the 'EL' stands for 'Elephant' and it would be hard to mistake these for anything else ;) :D.

Techno

Lovely stuff, Paul !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Quote from: Steve J on 20 May 2020, 07:01:00 AM
Very nice indeed. I do wonder about the labels though, as I presume the 'EL' stands for 'Elephant' and it would be hard to mistake these for anything else ;) :D.

I thought they were Lucanian cattle!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

mmcv

Gorgeous, the elephants look great

paulr

Quote from: Steve J on 20 May 2020, 07:01:00 AM

The colour of the letters and the background identify which army they are in and some of the foot types are a little harder to tell apart ;)

mmcv

Quote from: paulr on 20 May 2020, 08:25:17 AM
The colour of the letters and the background identify which army they are in and some of the foot types are a little harder to tell apart ;)

What are your tags made of? Do the bases sit flush to the table with them or are they raised slightly. Can't quite tell if they're attached to the back or the underside.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Why not for Orcs, would they eat the hefalumps ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

Quote from: mmcv on 20 May 2020, 09:18:11 AM
What are your tags made of? Do the bases sit flush to the table with them or are they raised slightly. Can't quite tell if they're attached to the back or the underside.

The tags are approximately 1.5mm thick cardboard with a printed label glued to it. These are glued to the underside of the base, they stick out about 6mm behind the base and end about the same before the front edge. On my First Crusade bases I labeled them on the bases but found this forced me to cram the figures up to make room for the label. Labels are really useful for player who only use the figures occasionally or a new to the period.

I glue approximately 1.5mm thick magnetic vinyl under all my bases approximately 5mm short of the edge, so a 40x20mm will have a 30x10mm vinyl glued under it

This holds the base to magnetic vinyl lining my transport draws and also lifts the 2mm thick base slightly off the table making it easier to pick up encouraging players to touch the base not the figures

Magnetic vinyl is available pretty cheaply from Sign Writers supply stores and is used for fridge magnets and temporary signs on cars...

paulr

Quote from: ianrs54 on 20 May 2020, 09:18:41 AM
Possibly, but mainly one particular forum member ;)

sunjester

Quote from: ianrs54 on 20 May 2020, 09:18:41 AM
Orcs will eat almost anything!  :D

Orcs

X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X

I am not looking. I have been finishing things off and my WW2 Polish Army should be complete, in a couple of days. Then I just have to decide which bare metal to start/continue doing. I have 6 big armies to start and 2 to continue and 1000+ ACW to rebase.

Angel on Orcs Right Shoulder:- You do not need a Carthaginian Army.

Devil on Orcs Left Shoulder :- Look at those lovely Elephants, You have some stuff you could use as part of the Carthaginian force cutting down on figures needing to be bought and painted.

A.O.O.R.S But look at all the other armies you have to paint.
D.O.O.L.S. But they don't have elephants.

A.O.O.R.S You will have to work out army list and what you need
D.O.O.L.S You love researching a new perion and working out what you need for the army

A.O.O.R.S Think of all the money you save not buying more lead
D.O.O.L.S You work hard, why not buy them

A.O.O.R.S When are you going to have time to paint them
D.O.O.L.S You will find time to paint them

A.O.O.R.S  You won't find time until at least 2025
D.O.O.L.S You will fit it in somewhere, particularly with no holidays to go on this year

A.O.O.R.S Holidays make no difference you paint on holiday anyway
D.O.O.L.S Shiney!  Shiney!

A.O.O.R.S You will have to buy and paint the Romans as well
D.O.O.L.S The Romans look nice. And they can fight lots of other opponents besides Carthaginians

A.O.O.R.S But you don't have those other opponents
D.O.O.L.S But you could always get them. Shiney ! Shiney!

and so the loop goes on and on.

I wonder who will win ?   :d :d

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

;D ;D ;D ;D

What is worrying, is that I recognise that situation.

The only difference being that my Devil looks looks Anne Hathaway and stands proudly in a Centurion Tank turret.

My angel is prone, behind a Boys AT rifle. Poor bloke's face is in the dirt so I can't hear a word he's saying. 

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

The devil will always win....willpower only lasts so long...

I've been going through much a similar process with the Greeks and Romans and pretty much whole ancients range  X_X

And then, of course, there's the Japanese range that'll be out soon too...