Hundred Years War - DBA

Started by paulr, 14 May 2020, 09:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveH

Looks good with the greater numbers per base. I am tempted to do some early medieval DBA armies using 10mm even though all my existing ones are 15mm.

paulr

The TB Line foot mix very well with the Pendraken figures so there is plenty of variety ;)

Finished the wood on the second batch of the second English army :)

Based the current batch of the second English army yesterday and touched up the flock this morning :) :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Good work on these Paul - the way you have used muted colours on the rank and file, yet kept them bright is impressive.

The TB line figures fit in well size wise, but the fact you have had to mix these in with the later period knights, does show a gap in the ranges for HYW MAA
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

I'll defer to those that know more about the armour of the period, I went with some poorer individuals using 'old kit' ;)

Tidied up the edges and added the banners to the current batch of the second English army :) :)

mmcv

Do I spy a well deserved promotion Field Marshal Paulr?

paulr

Yes, a promotion, well deserved :-\

paulr

Tidied the edges of the banners of the current batch of the second English army :)

They are now also waiting for my FLGS to receive the varnish they have on back order :-w

Leather done on the second batch of the second English army :)

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

paulr

I was going to invite you all to the mess but Lemmy appears to have dug a trench across the entrance ;)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I got an MGB handy - so no probs.....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

Finished painting and touch ups on the second batch of the second English army :) :)

Need to do the wash, final dry brush etc :!!

A couple of months ago Pierre the Shy mentioned that we had both been subjected to large doses of real life, in my case redundancy due to Covid
Good news this week, I have been able to get a couple of ongoing casual roles that will help generate some useful income while I continue to search for a suitable IT role :) :)
This will unfortunately reduce the time available for painting :(

mmcv

Glad to hear things are picking up for you again Paul. I'm sure something more permanent will be along soon.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Well done Paul.
I've gone from 1 day a week to 2, and supply work is picking up. And the temptation of work in Shetland is strong...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Quote from: mad lemmey on 18 September 2020, 07:23:56 PM
And the temptation of work in Shetland is strong...

In my day, the introduction to the new intake on the librarianship courses at the College of Librarianship, Wales began,"Welcome to the edge of the known world."

I think Shetland has Aberystwyth well beat for that title :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Good to hear work is picking up for you as well Lemmey, the obvious questions is do they have a wargames club on the Shetlands :-\