What ADCs do we want?

Started by Leon, 05 May 2020, 04:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

As part of our Peninsular Napoleonics campaign we've now opened up the ADCs target, so we'll now be adding these extra command figures to the sculpting schedule. 

This is where we're looking for your input into which nations and dress styles you'd like to see?  We're happy to look at the whole Naps period with this and not just Peninsular theatre so if you'd like some for your 1809 Austrians or 1815 British, let us know.  If there's any uniform/headgear combo's that could cover multiple nations, those would be a great addition and save on sculpting costs, for example a British chap in fore-aft bicorne could be used for Hanover and the KGL as well. 

Pictures or references would be great so please add pics where possible. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

L'ouverture is one I'd want if I were involved in this project.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You need a Spanish lancer and his fervent to go again at those new windmills...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Skurvey

05 May 2020, 11:54:14 AM #3 Last Edit: 05 May 2020, 12:37:41 PM by Skurvey
The Spanish range needs generals as well as ADCs. It would be nice if we could have a pack that includes both.

Something like these would be great:

(Sorry for the poor quality of the scans but my copy of Uniformes Espanoles de la Guerra de Independencia refused to lie flat in the scanner)  :-[

MooseDontBounce

Here's a thread on TMP that covers some of this information: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=498823
Pictures included on the thread.

WeeWars

Well, it was way back in 2012 that I did this

http://www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blogpost50.htm

because it was an ADC that I wanted (although I didn't want the sheepskin saddle). But I would suggest a French ADC with bicorne, fore and aft. However, if you produce a French ADC in colpack busby (without rattling his sabre), he could potentially also be used as the missing and much needed French Hussar Officer (because he wouldn't have a sheepskin saddle).

If the Spanish get generals, can the French have generals, please, so that the Magister Militum ones can be given a pension and retired?

http://www.michaelscott.name/1809/blog2015/1809blogpost179.htm

French infantry are still behind in the pose department.

Austrian Insurrection cavalry from the original Master List, please.

Guard Polish Chevaulegers from the original Master List are also needed for both up-to-Wagram 1809 and the mad-dash charge outside Madrid 1808. No lances, they became lancers later.

French Young Guard, please, also from the original Master List.

Wurst gun, please.

I can also tell you what the other French Guard artillery crew greens you have are.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

John Cook

Quote from: Skurvey on 05 May 2020, 11:54:14 AM
The Spanish range needs generals as well as ADCs. It would be nice if we could have a pack that includes both.

Something like these would be great:

(Sorry for the poor quality of the scans but my copy of Uniformes Espanoles de la Guerra de Independencia refused to lie flat in the scanner)  :-[

These should be covered in the Spanish mounted officers.

Mike L

I feel that it not so much mounted chaps in particular uniforms that are needed but suitably arrogant or indolent poses.
Perhaps some with a telescope or paper in their hands or a generic bicorned general raising both fists in fury at his subordinates or just siting down drunk. Something players can associate with.

Freicorps in their 15mm Spanish American range did (or still do) a magnificent figure for General Shafter all 300lbs of him. That's about 21 stone but lbs sounds heavier and he was American after all.  He became my generic 19th Cent officer for many an army.

sultanbev

Am just looking for French 1812 divisional and corps commanders and found there aren't any. Found NPA26 for the Austrians, we need something like that for each army. As it is I'm now using NPA26 for both French and Austrian senior command.

I'm assuming the NSP4 Spanish mounted officers, NPP5, NPB6 are more like brgade and regiment commanders, rather than flashy assorted generals in all their finery.

One thing I would like, threat hijack I know, but related, is a wounded general marker, as when commanders are killed in our games we still need a focus point to mark brigade casualties. A diorama scuplt of a wounded general sat back leaning on his dead horse, being given water by his adjutant, or such similar idea, that will fit on a 20mm-ish round base. The figures can be generic sufficient to use for all armies, but am sure our marvellous sculptor could be inspired to produce something. I'd buy 20 just to make sure we have enough for both sides!

Mark

Dannyboy

Waving Bicorne forwards is obligatory for any British Command  ;D :D

samurai

I would like to see an ADC or general for Grand Dutchy of Warsaw represented something in a czapka. Something that could be used for Murat, Poniatowski, or other Grand Dutchy of Warsaw field commander.

John Cook

Quote from: sultanbev on 05 May 2020, 09:24:05 PM
Am just looking for French 1812 divisional and corps commanders and found there aren't any. Found NPA26 for the Austrians, we need something like that for each army. As it is I'm now using NPA26 for both French and Austrian senior command.

I'm assuming the NSP4 Spanish mounted officers, NPP5, NPB6 are more like brgade and regiment commanders, rather than flashy assorted generals in all their finery.

One thing I would like, threat hijack I know, but related, is a wounded general marker, as when commanders are killed in our games we still need a focus point to mark brigade casualties. A diorama scuplt of a wounded general sat back leaning on his dead horse, being given water by his adjutant, or such similar idea, that will fit on a 20mm-ish round base. The figures can be generic sufficient to use for all armies, but am sure our marvellous sculptor could be inspired to produce something. I'd buy 20 just to make sure we have enough for both sides!

Mark

'Mounted Officers' throughout the ranges are field officers, as far as I can see.  I expect, NSP4, NPP5, NPB6 to be no different.  NSP4 will, I expect, paint up as a Spanish general in his service dress.  But, you are right French general officers from Maréchal de l'Empire to Général de Brigade, and equivalents in other nationalities, are a gap. 

DHautpol

Yes, I agree that a set of generic type generals for each nationality would be very nice.  Tony Barton does rather nice little sets of 6 in his AB 18mm ranges and something along those lines would work, although they need not be 6 figures.  The two LOA sets LOA 39 and LOA 40 are great and something similar in the Napoleonic ranges would be welcome.

I would recommend fairly bland poses, as these are more useful; there are only so many "hat wavers" that can be accommodated in an army before it looks like co-ordinated hat waving or a form of semaphore.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sultanbev

Quote from: DHautpol on 06 May 2020, 12:57:51 PM

I would recommend fairly bland poses, as these are more useful; there are only so many "hat wavers" that can be accommodated in an army before it looks like co-ordinated hat waving or a form of semaphore.

Definitely agreed, am not a fan of hat waving and finger pointing generals. If you have two or more figures on a command base pointing, it means there's an argument going on. :)

Mark

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Just wondering how personalised you can make them in 10mm, then remembering that I have recognisable Wellington and Napoleon in my Irregular 6mm stuff.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021